Never Before Seen Deficiency - Help?

HashHands

This is anever before seen defiency in my setup. It lead me to believe that its a calmag defiency by the looks of things but a second opinion or third or fourth etc. is always super helpful.
Here is a few things for you to know about my set up:
Strain: Greenhouse seeds: Cheese

-Flower Tent: 600 watts in a 4x4 secret jarden.
: Fox farm Soil, Fox Farm liquid trio and soluable trio (and recently purchased CalMag)
: Use tap water, let sit for at least 48 hours in 5 gal. buckets with airstones.
-Vegg Tent: Two T5's, one six bulb and one 4 bulb, in a 4x4 secret jarden.
: Same Soil (clones get 50/50 FFOF/FFLW)
: Same water

This problem seemed to pop up in about week 2 1/2 of flower and has gradually gotten worse.
Here are some picture of the Cheese through glasses and also pictures of the four cutting I took before she went into flower (which have the same problem now)

IMG_48972.JPG
IMG_48983.JPG
IMG_48991.JPG
IMG_49012.JPG
IMG_49023.JPG
IMG_49043.JPG
IMG_49054.JPG
IMG_49072.JPG
IMG_49081.JPG

Re: *Never Before Seen Defiency* ??help??

*sorry for the sideways and upside down pictures

You seem to have a few things going on, have you checked your soil pH? Soil runoff? Possible low pH locking out P,K and cal, and over fed with nitro looking at the dark dark green leaves. I wouldnt feed my veg plants for at least 2 or 3 weeks foxfarm soils have plenty of nutes.

Hey, thanks for the fast reply. Always appropriate it. So, as for ph I will be testing the runoff later today when I water. The dark leaves I noticed about a week into flower then soon after the drying spotting yellowing and browning started on the lower leaves. As for veg, I usually never feed until a week before I put them into flower (with the Open Sesame). So as for the clones I gave them a quarter strength solution with CalMag. Any advice on the clones? Also when I test the ph later on today and there does seem to be an imbalance should I flush with clearex? Any advice would be great. I've been cultivating for about 5 years but always been self taught and haven't had too many deficiency problems.
Also another thing, I do have a good ph reader that's calibrated but rarely use it.

Bless

2014-02-25-22-35-22_photo.jpg
2014-02-25-22-32-42_photo1.jpg
2014-02-25-22-33-50_photo.jpg
2014-02-25-22-32-42_photo.jpg
When you test your runoff, check the water before you water plant....let's say its 7.0.......check your runoff......let's say its 6.0.......that would mean your soil pH is 5.0......make sense. You can also get digital soil testers for $10 at most hydro shops.
I would also recommend trying not using open sesame until a week into flower, I thin OS npk is 5/50/5, to much PK for babies ....plants do need PK in veg but !mainly for root development, other than that until flowers are started I would back off on veg feeding. Hears what my veg plants look like with un ph water in happy frog soil.Good luck

Hey thanks for responding. I am only having this issue with the cheese in flower and the 4 clones I took before flowering her. My WonderWoman, AK47 and lemon skunk are doing just fine in both veg and flower. Is cheese a sensitive strain? I gave her a water a bit ago with water of 7.0 ph and 152 ppm (tap) and the runoff was 5.2ph and 556ppm. So I started flushing. Got the ph up to 6.7 with roughly 7 gallons of water and the ppm is at about 250. Any recommendations on where to go from here? Give her some food I expect? And also what about the clones? I don't exactly want to flush them.... Again appreciate any input.
Bless

is that soil too hot for clones? and maybe it was to hot to begin with so you adding nutes to it locked it out of something. just my 2 cents
and @Marzbadrock them things look very happy....praying hard nice:bravo:

Haven't fed the clones yet and the soil I placed them in is ocean forest and light warrior mix 50/50. My other clones are doing just fine. Seems to just be this cheese. Thanks for the help

for your plant that's in flower, what is the r/h?

the reason I ask, is that I was chasing a symptom like yours for 3 grows only happened in flower,i could veg 4 months and never have the issue. i tried everything
came to the conclusion,atleast for this strain I have(i don't know)and only this one

I was getting manganese deficiency caused only by low room humidity,i changed from 15% to 35-40 and its gone, although the leaves will never recover,i removed mine

good luck with it

That could be the issue, I've always had real low RH in flower, it's about 22%. Always struggled raising my RH in both flower and veg.

look into a cool mist humidifier about 40 bucks from walmart , i run mine only when lights are on

be very careful, the one I bought has the brightest red indicator light I have ever seen,i finally gave up covering it and finally took a punch and smashed the little bugger

i use to get those same looking leaves(hell I thought you swiped my pictures,lmao) and this last cycle i made sure the r/h always stayed within range, and I've yet to get anything like I experienced before

Haha, nope just another person with a sick plant :p. I do have a humidifier just only atenpted it on my veg tent and it only raised the humidity a couple percent. Would it work in a flower tent the has passive intake with a 6" inline? Wouldn't it just suck it it out of the tent? Any advice there? I have a carbon filter hooked to a blockbuster hood to an inline fame exiting to another room.

second night I had it I needed to get into my flower room, my cheap ass brinks timer malfunctioned and turned it on , it was only 15minutes after lights out, if I had not of walked into there I would have never known the light was going off/on, set timer to run for 10 hours, in the off 14 it would come on every couple of hours for 30 minutes at a time, crappy timers are made everyday

I remove all indicator lights,from everything in the dark room-space heaters and smoke alarms included

Back
Top Bottom