New activist. new ideas welcomed!

retusaf

I am new to activism. Retired from the air force 2 years ago, started major depression in May 2011, got a medical MJ card in Jun 2011, more stress and finally went to my first NORML meeting in August 2011 and I am just starting to get involved with educating people the truth...

I was hoping I could get ideas on how to get sponsors for literature/brochures. There is a huge cancer institute next to where I live and since I'm retired I have all the time in the world to leave literature on people's car windows, on waiting room tables, restrooms, etc. I also would love to go into nursing homes to leave educational brochures around for the folks in there.

The one thing I've been doing that I would like to share and is easy enough to do. Not everyone is capapble of advertising cannabis. Since I'm not looking for work and live on retirement... I pretty much am getting paid to be walking advertisement for cannabis in my eyes. Thank you Uncle Sam for not booting me out before 23 years were up so I have the ability to represent our country who desperately needs saving right now.... anyway, sidetracked... I try to be as loud as I can be with my attire, 43 yr old woman, displaying cannabis promotions... skeptics observe while strangers talk to me as I am a NORML person... someone not to be afraid of... the more people who are able to just be an approachable "stoner" to break the fears public has of us... the easier it will be for those who can't come out of the closet....

Thanks to Uncle Sam I can live pretty much more out of the closet than most people can. Hopefully more people can do the same so we can lose the stigma government has placed on such a harmless plant.

Any advise/help anyone can provide for literature would be greatly appreciated!!!

Look forward to getting more involved in this forum and meeting some of you!!!

Tammy
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom