New and need some input on grow equipment

Butterbean469

I have been looking for a grow box so I can get started on growing and I honestly don't have the knowledge on grow boxes to make a safe and well educated decision on what to choose.
Screenshot_2015-08-27-00-13-12-1.png
this is one I have found online and it seems pretty legit. If wanted I can give the details bout this grow box to help compare if asked. Please post input if anyone knows anything better or just a really great grow box that one of you might be able to share with me. Any input is appreciated. Have a good day/night everyone

Is that going to hide smell? I actually won't be able to have smell because my son is too young and the wife is trying to join the military so I can't have smell throughout the house. And that frame.. how many 2x3s would you say and if you happen to have a picture as a reference that would be awesoome

So long as you get it air tight around edges and only have your intake holes exposed to fresh air, your exhaust fan will produce a negative pressure inside the box and force all air out through the exhaust hole while sucking fresh air in through intake so yes it should deal with smell. The black white plastic is very thick and waterproof.

I'll grab a photo of one for you, give me a moment...

Not necessarily this shape but you get the idea...

Figure out your size you want, I'd say 5x5x7 feet would be awesome for me but it really depends on you and what you want. Grab enough boards for your frame but grab a few extra just in case you mess up on a cut or something, and you'll also want a couple to put crossways on the frame to mount electrical stuff etc.

You can also get door hinges and a piece of ply wood to make a door for easier access.

Jorge Cervantes has a good video on YouTube about building your own box step by step and he explains it all.

image31214.jpg

Ok. Yeah that grow box I showed a picture of produces around that much, keeps out smell and has a lock and key. Seems legit but if I can build something similar it's something to look into.

It's really preference, if you've got the money and don't mind paying a little more for one that's already built go for it, no one here is gonna judge you lol. You can build a good size one on about a day of you have all the materials. So keep it in your mind to build one but don't hesitate to go with a prebuilt one. Just remember that chances are you will have to purchase a few additional things such as exhaust fan and carbon filter for smell.

Well would you mind if I posted the specs on the grow box and you could tell me if things check out. I want to get into growing so I can help other patients out without having to donate rediculous prices but I am kinda lost in this world. And of course I need some too for my diagnosis

The Producer is 54.5 inches wide by 54.5 inches tall and 28 inches deep. The Producer enables you to vegetate and flower your plants right from seed or clone to a fully mature plant. We give you step by step instructions showing you exactly how to do everything. Once the plants have reached 7-8 inches tall on average in vegetation stage you flick a switch to finish the flowering process. It's that easy! With the Producer it will enable you to harvest 18 fully mature plants every 10-12 weeks cropping 1-2 ounces per plant. (20-26oz)

The Producer comes standard with co2 injection, carbon filtration, hydro, water and air pumps, two 400w HPS bulbs along with a 3 cycle supply of nutrients and rockwool

Holy balls that sounds orgasmic

You pretty much got it all my man! It comes with the filter already so it's basically all in one! That's sick!

The only addition that may be a good thought is a couple cfl bulbs that are higher on the kelvin meter for vegetation. HPS bulbs will work for the whole life, but sometimes you do get better growth speed with higher kelvin bulbs. That's where metal halides come in, but I'm not sure if your ballast for the HPS will also work with MH but if not it's honestly okay. You should be perfect with the HPS bulbs.

As long as that things not too terrible expensive, I would probably get that bad boy. I'm not sure about hydro grows cause I use soil, but I'm sure as long as you follow some grow journals and read up on some articles, you can have a successful first time grow with hydro!

Best of luck to you my man! Stop by my journal sometime, it's my first grow, you can read along as it goes and maybe learn some things or even teach me some things!

Brick Pops His Cherry - CFL

Thanks! I'll have to take a look at the journals some time. The cost is 3300 last time I checked but I'll also need to get or make a dry box so it's still discreet on smell

Thanks! I'll have to take a look at the journals some time. The cost is 3300 last time I checked but I'll also need to get or make a dry box so it's still discreet on smell

Dang for that much I'm sure it's a beast rig. For a dry box, unless you're planning to start a new batch right away, you can just get some string and run it across the top in your grow box and dry your bud for 5-7 days then start the cure clean the box with some disinfectant and start a new batch of seeds.

I'm hoping it's beast. It will be a while before I can get into growing just due to location and a few other things but I'm trying to figure out what to get. When I get everything I'll let ya know and post some pics

Back
Top Bottom