New design

lansing

Hey 420'ers

First things first, im not a complete newbie when it comes to this whole ordeal, but, i was hoping for some input on a design im thinking of putting together for my new medicinal grow.

Long story short, i have been approved for 30 plants, and here is my plan. Im hoping for some input, and if anyone with some experience with similar setups can catch some flaws, or maybe some tips and pointers. Everyones input is welcome :) All my experience has stemmed from small grows all the way from CFL Scrogs, to small 400 watt HID grows. And i have grown with DWC, as well as soil. Sunshine #4 + added perlite, and hydro nutes to be exact. So this is a pretty big step for me

the space i have to work with (that im about to start constuction on in a couple days) is a 13.5'x6'x8 foot tall space. In this space i have access to 220 volt, 120 volt, and a window. the ambient temp in this space with no equipment is typically 66F. So i think it is the start to a great space.

My plan is to seperate this area into 2 sections, a small 6x4" section for my 400 watt veg room. and the remainder 9x6' section for a 1000 watt flower room. i plan to simply put a wall between them, and a door on the front to each so i can enter either one without disturbing the other.

i dont want to spend too much money on extraction fans, and fancy equipment. although i feel running a 1000 watter, it might be needed.

basically, my main questions, are, to anyone with experience, with a room this size, and how i plan to do it, what do you guys reccommend for cooling the light, and extracting the room?

the equipment i currently have, is the following.

6" CanFan, with a can 33 scrubber, that WITH the scrubber pushes out about 180CFM.
Air cooled hood with 6" flanges
1000 watt HPS digital ballast w/ EYE hortilux bulb
400 watt hps magnetic ballast w/CMH bulb.

other than that, i will need to go out and pick up the rest of the items.

ideally i was hoping to use the canfan to run extraction in both rooms. (link the rooms together via darkroom vents, and have both rooms exhausted to outside via that fan. Then perhaps pickup another more powerfull 6" fan, and run it from outside, through the 1000 watt hood, and back outside to try and minimize some heat. (or vica versa maybe?)

any ideas or input, or ANYTHING that can be thought of to make this work, hopefully using some of the equipmeent i already have would be awesome.

I have no idea the heat generated from a 1000HPS, but from my understanding, its pretty huge.

as far as plants go, im hoping to have a mother in my veg room, and take 15 clones, veg them for 4 weeks, and drop them in my flower room, flower them for about 4-5 weeks, then start a new batch vegging in the other room, so i can have a perpetual harvest.

lastly, all my knowlegde sits in the chemical department, hydro, and soil with hydro nutes. anyone out there run a very successful organic shedual that woudlnt mind pointing me at a journal or two of theirs? i understand all the info is out there, but personally, i like to take one person thats getting great results, and mimic them. Then play around with potential tweaking when i get more of an understanding... instead of doing 7 peopels ideas, all jumbled into one.

Thanks for taking the time to read through!

u could just split room with 2 tents, easiest option and still effective. Dont split the can filter between two rooms, air in veg room shouldnt need filtered as theres no real smell and u dont want to put too much strain on can filter. Is ur cooltube flange 6in? just id go with 8" if ur running 1000w and room is 66f ambient. u be looking at high 70's to 80's with 1000w hps. If u use tents or if u make more permanent construction i'd vent both rooms seperate. Look at my journal to see how i have one of my rooms broke down, it doesnt have a seperate dedicated veg area but it does have mother vegging and clone are with flower room also. I could do way more with this room but i run alot of shit and its just time mainly. But instead of how i have my mother u could have a tent dedicated to mother and veg then seperate clone area. cfls for cloning, 400w for veg and 1000w for flower, dwc. Sorted.

ps where are u thinking of extracting to?

pps i have multiples of this type set up and its very effective.

yeah i could probably just run the veg room with no filter.

as far as the 1k hps goes, i might run it in a bit bigger of a room. but not by much. maybe just run that 6" can fan in the veg room, with a CMH open hood. and just let the air run from the room into the basement.

then for flower room, run maybe a 6" High output with a filter? or do you figure i should run a 8" with filter?

(the sealed hood is 6" ducting)

where should i draw air from? i was thinking outside, but, when lights off, that will be a problem as we hit -30. maybe just draw from outside the room, and exhaust outside the house?

or maybe even run an AC unit, dehumidifier and CO2 instead?

i dont really want to go hydro for this. even though im good with it. i kind of wanted to try the organic route.

also, ill be going with permanent rooms. i'v used tents before, and personally i just love the space in a room much more. and im willing to do a bunch of construction.

my last tent was a 4x4x6 tall, and running a 400CMH, worked great. but, when i had my room it was just so much easier for me.

yeah modified rooms are better, i was just thinking ease of setting up really. u can go organics with dwc and get best of both worlds? Just intake from another room, i sure it would get frosty fast with -30 lol. extracting to basement sounds fine. If stealth is an issue go with bigger can and 8"fan. 6" fan would prob be enough to cool and extract. I always use a bigger filter to my fan though, its not effective if a fan is flat out. I used to run co2 for a long time but although there are positives there are negs as well and it def affects quality of product. extracting outside and drawing in from basement prob be best. have i missed anything, its late here and my eyes are wary lol.

well, the main reason i dont want to go DWC, is this setup wont be in my home.

long story short. i dont have the space here, so i have designated someone elses house for it, and while i will be stopping in all the time to work on it. i want to keep it simple for the owner of the property. i figure if im not able to make it by there for a bit, i can just get them to water the pots, and call it good enough until i get there.

stealth isnt really an issue. Well, it is, but it isnt. its all legal, so we're not really worried about it, BUT, we would like to keep it hidden well enough so people dont notice it. The more eyes on it, the more chances of people robbing it.

im having a hard time deciphering some of your last response though... let me give it a shot and see if i got it :p.

the 400 watt veg room, extracting to the basement at 250cfm and an open hood should be ok?

and use a 8" or a 6" high output to pull through a filter, through a air cooled hood, and outside should work for the 1000 watt in a 400cuft space?

i have access to a refurbished 8" maxfan for $120 so... that would work for me price wise. (if its still there)

im almost thinking of going the 8" route, then getting another 6" can fan.. and when the light is on, let the 8" with the filter blast the heat out... but when its lights off, have the 6" turn on, and just vent to basement.. that way i dont pull too much heat out of their home and out the window. (seems how i already have a can33 filter kicking around thats never been used) and i guess durring the summer months, i might just run both at the same time.

alright well, its almost setup.

for the flower room i went 10x6x8' tall, and the veg room i went 5x6x8'

the veg room has 180cfm (6" can fan 270cfm) AFTER filter+ ducting pulling air from the basement, and blowing it back to the basement with a 400 watt CMH bulb.

the flower room has 430CFM (8" max fan 704cfm)AFTER filter+ ducting+ hood, pulling air from the basement, then from a carbon filter, to the fan, to the air cooled hood, and outside. with a 1000 watt HPS hortilux ona digital, dimmable quantum ballast

i have it on a programmable fan dimmer, so when lights are on, it runs at 100%, and when lights are off, it runs at 60% (its rated for being allowed to run at 40% but no lower)

intake on the veg room is 0.75 square foot passive, and the flower room has 1.75 square foot intake.

flower room has a sink+ drain in the corner for flushing.

i also installed a normal light fixture that i want to put green light in, so i can work in there durring night hours. anyone able to reccomend what kind of light i should use, and potentially where to find it? or is it still a bad idea?

everything is wired to code,sound insulated, stealth, vented very well, clean, and behind locked doors, behind a locked door. So if/when health canada wants to come inspect, it should pass with flying colors. or so i hope.

so im kind of a hydro guy... going to soil... so i have a couple stupid questions.

what size pots should i be using? 3 gallon?
i plan on having a 2-3 week veg from rooted clone, and then stuff 14 at a time under the 1000 HPS, and adjust the height of the HPS to the footprint the plants take up.

untimately im looking for about 1 oz per plant, as i will need to produce about 2 pounds per harvest so that i can take time off between grows. Im allowed to stock up about 1350 grams, so i plan to do that fast as i can, so i can shut it down for a number of months. or at least maybe just cut down on the number of plants and have just a few at a time under my 400watt.

Im afraid i wont have the energy or capacity to grow later on down the road (cancer is a bitch) and i want to keep my max number of grams stocked for when that time comes. I dont really trust other people to make my meds.

well, thanks cultivator for your input..

but it seems i wont be able to do this anyways..

just spent the last 4 days in the hosptial due to a kidney failure, and horrible flu like symptoms (mostly related to my kidney shutting down) and had some emergency tests done.. seems the cancer has spread already to 4 different vital organs over just 1.5 months.. and the time frame they gave me to live, wont even make a harvest.

again, thank you for the input you were able to give me.

if things turn around and this new experimental drug they are going to guinea pig on me actually turns out to work... i may be back. But until then, back to the hospital. Have a good one 420. :)

Wow I'm stunned. My blessing are with you man. I was just reading up on cancer and actually made a thread here on 420 stating by raising the PH in your blood stream to 8.0 you can start to kill off cancer cells just by drinking baking soda and molasses. You have very high spirits my friend. I just went threw the same with my mother in the hospital for 4 months. She to had a great view point of the while thing. Keep a smile in your face and bless. I hope you are able to come back to us and enjoy a harvest or 2! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom