New grow room set-up - Help please

CertaCito

I have just bought a Secret Jardin DS90 grow tent and I'm wanting some help and recommendations for the rest.

I'm interested in a LED light that does both veg/flower but there are so many to choose from. Any help will be appreciated.

Which carbon filter Mountain Air or Rhino and what size for the correct air pressure?

Fan advice too please.

Thanks in advance :thanks:

welcome to :420: Certa

For LEDs, have a look at the Mars Hydro line up. They have a decent product that produces well as many, including myself, will attest to and they are reasonably priced.

As for fans and filters, I make my own so will have to leave opinions on those to others.

I hope, once you get up and running, you will consider starting a journal to document and share your grow experiences with others. This is also a good way to get help and advice from other more experienced growers :)

Your grow tent looks like it's 48 cubic feet of space. The general rule of thumb is that you want to exchange the total volume of air in the tent once every 3-5 minutes. That puts you needing at least a 10 CFM fan. That's very low, akin to a computer fan actually. So pretty much any inline 4" fan should do the trick. If it were me personally, I would choose a 4" Can Fan and use a speed controller to throttle it down.

Phresh and Mountain Aire both make a great carbon filter. You will want to match your filter to the peak CFM rating of your fan. Personally if my ran is rated for 100 CFM, I would choose the filter (in your case a 4") with a rating a little above that.

Mars Hydro does make a decent light for a great price for the grower looking to get into indoor cultivation. If I were to buy an LED light I would start with a Mars Hydro unit. Good luck to you.

Your grow tent looks like it's 48 cubic feet of space. The general rule of thumb is that you want to exchange the total volume of air in the tent once every 3-5 minutes. That puts you needing at least a 10 CFM fan. That's very low, akin to a computer fan actually. So pretty much any inline 4" fan should do the trick. If it were me personally, I would choose a 4" Can Fan and use a speed controller to throttle it down.

Phresh and Mountain Aire both make a great carbon filter. You will want to match your filter to the peak CFM rating of your fan. Personally if my ran is rated for 100 CFM, I would choose the filter (in your case a 4") with a rating a little above that.

Mars Hydro does make a decent light for a great price for the grower looking to get into indoor cultivation. If I were to buy an LED light I would start with a Mars Hydro unit. Good luck to you.

Thanks for the information. I've just ordered the Mars Hydro II series 400w. Do the cables that hang it come in the box?

Also I know LED lights use less electricity than other lights I just understand how to work out a usage / cost.
Do I need a ballast for this or is it just plug and play?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just used to outdoors, and it's getting to cold to finish them this year the soil isn't drying out. (2nd Grow)

It is plug and play. I know it comes with cables, not sure if it has hooks or anything to attach to your poles though, maybe someone who owns one can chime in. You will need to find the actual wattage used for that light and then use a formula to calculate cost of usage using watts and cost per kilowatt hour.

My Mars LED light is here :) It's alot bigger than I expected but looks really well built.

I've been looking at fans and filters and was close to buying the Rhino 4" 2 speed fan when I read that fan speed controllers can't be used on it, Shall I just buy the single speed one and will it work then? Or are there any other fan recommendations ?

I think I'm settled on the Mountain Air filter.

Would acoustic ducting help keep the noise down ? I think I only need to clear 10 CFM so will it be quiet anyway ?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom