Shopping List

igrow420710

What I am looking to purchase for my first grow.. and many to come.. advice would be appreciated as I cant decide on a few things..

Tent

Gorilla Grow Tent
Bud Box Pro
Green Qube
Lighthouse Max
Hydrolab
Growbox
Secret Jardin
Bloomroom
Alien
Green Room

Fan

Hyperfan
Hyperfan Stealth
Iso Max

Carbon Filter

Mountain Air
Carbo Air
Phresh
Rhino Pro

Ducting

Phonic Ducting
Acoustic Ducting

Grow Medium

Soil? Which one?
Coco?

Nutrients

Advanced Nutrients
Canna
Bio Bizz
Plant Magic
Shogun
Dutch Pro
Hydrotops
Bloom

Light I will be using is HLG 550.

Please do let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advanced.

Every Hydro guy is going to tell you to go Hydro every soil guy is going to tell you to go soil..... Just be comfortable with what you choose. Some advice that a friend of mine gave me right in the very beginning was fill your jars and then start f'n around with projects and all that sort of thing LOL.

Next, PATIENCE...... you're going to need it in Spades so be prepared.

Now let's get to your list. Really the key is to buy the best that you can afford. If you buy a tent now, you may in a year end up using it as a vegetarian and then buying something larger for yourself for flower say for instance to always keep that sort of thing in mind, you may expand but there's no reason to upgrade if you spent smart.

Buy a tent that has good quality fabric, but to me the key is to make sure that the backs of your zippers have a flap to ensure that the light itself cannot get through the zipper either in an inwards or outwards directions to make sure that it doesn't cause any hermaphrodite situations.

Fans.... I go with something that Offers the highest CFM with a good warranty. Match the filter sizing to your room & fan accordingly.

Media...... I'm a pro mix guy, because I find it very forgiving. That being said, I have also dipped my feet into the world of dwc as well and the results were killer for my first time. If it's your first grow, I would try Pro mix HP or BX and see how you like it.

Nutrients.....Again, everyone's different. I know some guys use the GH line with a lot of success but I am a fan of my Dutch nutrient formula. Some are a two-part Bloom and a two-part flower mixture..... Just make sure you are diligent when measuring.

Lighting..... If you are using a Quantum board, you've pretty much got that wrapped up LMAO. You've got the future of lighting right there ready to go.

Hopefully this is helpful..... I tend to not give advice on specific Brands as I don't want to upset the sponsors. Just wanted to let you know my opinion and what to look for.

what that guy said.:goodjob: minus te grow tent one. buy the cheapest one you can find and dont go rough on it. the cheapest to the most expensive spans like 200 dollars for the same size and they all have the features you want. unless you want like 7 auxillary zippers you wont ever use.

coco seems to be the bread and butter. great results. soil was too easy but got KILLER bud doing organic.

Go 4x4 tent to start if its in the house, if you are doing it in the garage build a box! you will save money and you wont have a hard time keeping a stable environment.

I'm with Guy on several points. Fill jars, then play. ProMix BX is simple. Doesn't drain as fast as ProMix HP or Coco but that means less watering. It's usually easier to find locally, especially during spring time. Just have to make sure you don't overwater. That's the main difference. Faster draining is less prone to overwatering but you'll be watering a lot more often. Pick your poison. I'd pick the largest tent your space will allow and your light will cover. As you get into it more, you'll be wishing you had a bigger tent/more space. Mine was a less expensive tent from Am@zon with decent ratings and it's held up fine for 3 years. For super easy nutes and less bottles, you can use Dyna Gro Foliage Pro and Pro Tekt from start to finish (a 1 part nutrient and a silica supplement). They are cheap and last a long time because they are real concentrated. You can experiment with different/additional nutes after you fill them jars. Buy a decent fan and carbon filter. Cheap fans are noisy. A bigger fan you can run at lower speeds to reduce noise. I started with a 4 inch and upgraded to 6 inch. I'd suggest a 6 that has a fan speed controller included. Expect to pay $120ish. Add in a cheap pH pen ($10) and some pH down. A TDS pen isn't a bad idea either (another $10). I probably spent twice as much as I needed to getting set up. Buying stuff then a few months later replacing it with something different.

Every Hydro guy is going to tell you to go Hydro every soil guy is going to tell you to go soil..... Just be comfortable with what you choose. Some advice that a friend of mine gave me right in the very beginning was fill your jars and then start f'n around with projects and all that sort of thing LOL.

Next, PATIENCE...... you're going to need it in Spades so be prepared.

Now let's get to your list. Really the key is to buy the best that you can afford. If you buy a tent now, you may in a year end up using it as a vegetarian and then buying something larger for yourself for flower say for instance to always keep that sort of thing in mind, you may expand but there's no reason to upgrade if you spent smart.

Buy a tent that has good quality fabric, but to me the key is to make sure that the backs of your zippers have a flap to ensure that the light itself cannot get through the zipper either in an inwards or outwards directions to make sure that it doesn't cause any hermaphrodite situations.

Fans.... I go with something that Offers the highest CFM with a good warranty. Match the filter sizing to your room & fan accordingly.

Media...... I'm a pro mix guy, because I find it very forgiving. That being said, I have also dipped my feet into the world of dwc as well and the results were killer for my first time. If it's your first grow, I would try Pro mix HP or BX and see how you like it.

Nutrients.....Again, everyone's different. I know some guys use the GH line with a lot of success but I am a fan of my Dutch nutrient formula. Some are a two-part Bloom and a two-part flower mixture..... Just make sure you are diligent when measuring.

Lighting..... If you are using a Quantum board, you've pretty much got that wrapped up LMAO. You've got the future of lighting right there ready to go.

Hopefully this is helpful..... I tend to not give advice on specific Brands as I don't want to upset the sponsors. Just wanted to let you know my opinion and what to look for.

Leaning towards a 4x4 gorilla grow tent.

Fan wise leaning towards a 6 inch hyperfan

Media.. I got advised super soil but either that or some kind of soil still need more info on this.. Soil it will be..

Nutrients.. I am leaning towards Advanced nutes, Bio Bizz or canna..

what that guy said.:goodjob: minus te grow tent one. buy the cheapest one you can find and dont go rough on it. the cheapest to the most expensive spans like 200 dollars for the same size and they all have the features you want. unless you want like 7 auxillary zippers you wont ever use.

coco seems to be the bread and butter. great results. soil was too easy but got KILLER bud doing organic.

Go 4x4 tent to start if its in the house, if you are doing it in the garage build a box! you will save money and you wont have a hard time keeping a stable environment.

Defo going 4x4

fill your jars and then start f'n around with projects and all that sort of thing LOL.

I'm with Guy on several points. Fill jars, then play.

A question I really wanted to know was;

Feminised seeds hermie? 50/50% ?

So I should get normal seeds? I dont really want the hassle to deal with males..

Autoflowers are quick should i run this for the first time... can these hermie like feminised seeds?

feminized run just fine and saves you a lot of effort of weeding through males, regular seeds are when you want to mom and clone in a separate veg room imo. auto flower is kinda tough for your first grow and not very rewarding in soil, usually go coco for yield.

definitely get feminized. they dont herm 50/50. make sure your grow room doesnt have any lights shining through at night and the period doesn't get interrupted and you wont have a herm problem

Media.. I got advised super soil but either that or some kind of soil still need more info on this.. Soil it will be..

Nutrients.. I am leaning towards Advanced nutes, Bio Bizz or canna..

I didn't know what "super soil" was, so I looked. That is water only from start to finish so you wouldn't need nutes.

So I should get normal seeds? I dont really want the hassle to deal with males....Autoflowers are quick should i run this for the first time... can these hermie like feminised seeds?

Autos will not hermie. They are easy for a first grow because you just set a light schedule of 20/4 and you get harvest in 10-12 weeks (approx). Fem seeds worth the cost over reg imho.

Bless always got good advice. If I were going supersoil is go with kind soil as they are in the United States and shipping to you is marginal. Water only, no need to even pH the water as the soil buffers it. Great product in my opinion, just cost-prohibitive to ship north of the Border.

I have no experience with either of those nutrients, but I've heard good things about them all.

4 x 4 is a great size tent to start with, you can always upgrade to something bigger or a second one in the future if you want a separate veg and flower area.

I would go feminized seeds over Auto for my first grow purely because it takes all of the guesswork out of it and you can still control the length of your vegetative cycle. Remembering that vegging longer equals larger plants for obvious reasons.

Your lighting cycle will be 18 light / 6 hours of Darkness for vegetative cycle and 12 hours light 12 hours dark for flower cycle. This is what triggers the goodness LOL.

Bless always got good advice. If I were going supersoil is go with kind soil as they are in the United States and shipping to you is marginal. Water only, no need to even pH the water as the soil buffers it. Great product in my opinion, just cost-prohibitive to ship north of the Border.

I have no experience with either of those nutrients, but I've heard good things about them all.

4 x 4 is a great size tent to start with, you can always upgrade to something bigger or a second one in the future if you want a separate veg and flower area.

I would go feminized seeds over Auto for my first grow purely because it takes all of the guesswork out of it and you can still control the length of your vegetative cycle. Remembering that vegging longer equals larger plants for obvious reasons.

Your lighting cycle will be 18 light / 6 hours of Darkness for vegetative cycle and 12 hours light 12 hours dark for flower cycle. This is what triggers the goodness LOL.
I am from UK so will need to find something similar to kind soil if i go that route.

Gaia green apparently has a water only soil as well. They're a Canadian company from what I understand and a lot easier to come by.

Back
Top Bottom