New Grow Starting & New Experimental Lighting: Take A Read

RagnarLothbrok

I just got my new grow tent setup and my aeroponic system is being filled today after work I've been soaking my hydroton in water the last 24 hours and have my seeds germinating should be done today might leave for na extra day for the extra taproot grow.

Anyways I using Red Blue LED lighting for my 18 hours of Day light 7 am- 1 am

For the dark period I plan on using green light for the 6 hours off

Alot of people say that green light has no value what so ever and that it's pointless but then alot of other people say how green light does have benefits

For the most part green light is reflected from the plant due to the clorophyl and Green light Mimics the affect of Moon light

Green light is important for vegetative growth especially for young seedlings and seeds before they begin to produce clorophyl

I haven't fully decided if I'm going to have the green light come on for an hour after the lights go out then have 5 hours of darkness or do the opposite and have it on for an hour before the lights come on

or if I'm going to leave the green lights on the entire 6 hours to substitute for the total darkness

Green light is proven to have benefits to growing plants especially vegetative ones still growing and starting off
some say that too much green light can inhibit the plants growth but is necessary if you want short strong and bushy plants but if you want taller ones use less green light

So it's an experimental project but I wanna know if my plants will thrive better in green light for that ecyta something instead of total darkness especially since some people say 24 hours of light is better I was thinking of using the green light to substitute for the dark cycle but keep it under 24 hours light especially if I wanna check in on it during that time (though I'll probably be asleep)

I'm going to keep a grow journal and stay in touch with how it goes, im still doing research on green light and am still unsure how long I wanna leave it on but I'll have to figure it out soon as I'm planting my germinated seeds either today or tomorrow in a self watering tray then transplant into my aeroponic system and clay pellet medium once roots grow abit

Good luck with this. I have my doubts, but my mind is open. I have a 4 x T5 aquarium light with blue LEDs to simulate moonlight. When I look out on a moonlit night, I don't see a single color of light, but what appears to be dim 2700K - 3500K light. The intensity varies with the phase of the moon.

That said, I'd like to see repeated side by side comparison grows, the only difference being the night lighting. It's the only way to get meaningful results. Some of my reading indicates that the bottom of the leaves may partially absorb the yellow/green portion of the spectrum.

my q would be what colour of green light are you going to get,,?? just any ole green christmas light?? or something specific?

cheers

I got a green filtered incandescent light from Rona and did the wiring myself
and have a red and blue LED

I am using two different strains to see if the affect of the green light in the vegetative state is different on the strains and to see if it speeds up growth abit or inhibits the growth or if it simply doesn't affect anything on the strains

I have another comparison plant that will be kept seperate from the green light and will only receive 18 hours of blue red LED and 6 hours of pitch darkness

I will only have a comparison on one strain as I'm only keeping one plant seperate and the other ones together in the grow tent

I will post photos and keep track of the feeding
they'll all be grown aeroponically and be given the exact same ratio and exact same nutrients to make sure the results and comparisons are as accurate as physically possible

I will also keep the PH levels set to the same as each other although I will have a range on which I set the PH at depending on what Nutrients I use as the roots can only absorb certain things when the PH is more acidic and vice versa when it's more alkaline
( my PH Will always be between 5.5 and 6.5 as those are the range perfect for aeroponics and be able to allow the roots to absorb as much as it possibly can to help give me the healthiest and strongest results of Phenotypes)

I'm not sure how I plan on running flower, I'm mainly focusing on finding the best option for the best quality vegetative growth and determining if green light can help as I've heard mixed reviews overall saying that plants do need some green light to thrive perfectly no one is 100% sure why though ( atleast from what I've read)

and I am excited to see the side by side comparison grows I will be doing and yes the only different will be the night lighting and they will be kept on the same lighting schedule

Back
Top Bottom