New grow

I thought it was actually you I was talking to on line here until he said he was new to the grow. I wrote that you have been a huge help over the 2-3 years I have started to grow and then realized It was someone different which is cool. He is just starting off and this is a good place to get help when he needs it. I think it is great when new people get on here to get help or just to bullshit with the rest of us, there is alot of information you can get here.

Very true. Especially when they are just starting. For a plant that is basically easy to grow. I find even people that can grow other stuff can screw up a pot plant. As with lots of things in life people want to over think it. In most case's you all you need to do is watch. That is hard for people to do.

What is worse. Nowadays there are a million different nutrient companies telling people they need to have this certain products to grow. Add in all the different types of light companies telling you that you need their light to grow right. It can really become over whelming at times.

Well here we go again. These are the seeds just breaking out of the shell that I germinated. I use CFL lights for a little while which are only about 50 watts if that, so not to shock them. In a few days I will put them under my LED and get the show growing then under both the HPS and LED.

Attachments

• 20191218_101037.jpg
    20191218_101037.jpg
    824.5 KB · Views: 27
How True Jackalope it is all about making the big bucks. Just like hunting it has been so commercilaized that you need this and you got to have that. Well in both cases the Indians never had descented spray or bottled nutrients and they did pretty well for themselves during their time. Even growing up as a young hunter we never had to have all of that. We played the wind direction game and as far as descenting I just throw a few branchs of cedar in my rubber made tote and wham descented. I say keep it simple and help the plants along when needed they will tell you what they like and dont like and in time and with a little experience you will fine your groove.

Jackalope Strain I am just starting a new grow and this is what I do. Remember this works for me others may have different views. After germination I place my seeds in starter pods that you can get any where under CFL lights so they don't burn the young plants and let them get about 2 inches tall. I use these starter pods because they are easy to transfer into small pots without having to lose all the dirt around the roots. After placing the plants in small pots I use one of my 200 watt LED lights at about 20 inches above them and let them grow. In a short time, I am Guessing 1 month if that, they should have strong roots to place in my bigger pots and then I place them under my full light set up which is 600 watt HPS and four 400 watt LED. Once they look like they have out grown those pots and about two weeks before I switch to flowering I put them in the last pots which are 3 gallon. I don't add nutrients because they should be able to pull that from the new soil. I switch my plants to flower when they are about 2 feet tall and will grow to just around 3 feet maybe a little taller depending on the strain.

Attachments

• 20191218_101037.jpg
    20191218_101037.jpg
    824.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20191219_105536.jpg
    20191219_105536.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 20191219_105556.jpg
    20191219_105556.jpg
    765.6 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom