New grower - any advice on bug control?

C-rell

Brand new grower here, and i have no idea on how to detect bugs, get rid of them or even protect my plants from them.....any advice plzz??? :grinjoint::grinjoint:

Re: New grower***any advice on bug control???

Hi,
I'm new to this as well and have had problems with fungus gnats. Put up a bunch of yellow sticky sheets to catch adults and watered a few times with crumbled mosquito dunks (microbes that kill the larvae in the soil/water). It seems to have helped quite a bit so far. I'm about 2 or 3 weeks from first harvest (I think) :)

Hi,
I'm new to this as well and have had problems with fungus gnats. Put up a bunch of yellow sticky sheets to catch adults and watered a few times with crumbled mosquito dunks (microbes that kill the larvae in the soil/water). It seems to have helped quite a bit so far. I'm about 2 or 3 weeks from first harvest (I think) :)
thank you for the advice =]]...and this is stuff i can buy at the HP store???

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR HARVEST! :yummy:

I got both yellow sticky traps and a jar of crumbled mosquito dunks (forgot the name, but it is the same basic product as the dunks but in tiny form) at amazon. I think you could probably find both products at any big home and garden store.

Thanks for your well wishes! Good luck with your crop too!

Yellow stickies for sure..I had no luck with neem oil, however I may not have used it heavily enough, I followed the directions. Mine finally went away with GoGnats..which is cedar oil and a few other things...following directions again they were gone in 2 days from my moms dirt...also, I added it to my hydro rez with no ill affects, as I had noticed a few in the room, but never enough to indicate an issue. After 2 days there were probably 10K dead gnats on the floor and I had no idea they were in the system...needless to say I am sold.

As a side benefit...for 100yards around the area all you can smell is fresh cedar shavings as if my yard were full of them...CANT BEAT THAT! (this should really concern me, but I haven't smelled anything "else" out there prior to using this stuff..so not sure how the smell is getting out, but glad it's the only one.)

Back
Top Bottom