New grower ready to begin my first grow!

Heavens Relic

Hello everyone, My name is Anthony and I am ready to test my green thumb and begin my first grow and I would like advice on my setup, I plan on growing in my closet which is in my apartment complex, The closet is about 23 inches wide and around 27 inches long ways & six feet to the top closet shelf.
Snapchat-5228474153051864006.jpg

^These are the current lights I have, I'm considering spreading them to each wall all being a different height to provide nice lighting as the plant progress's in growth. ALL feedback is appreciated!

You have some air circulation plans? Few computer fans would probably do you nicely. Just be sure you get the door sealed on the sides and a rubber flapper on the bottom so you have ZERO light leaks. The adhesive foam door strips are easy and cheap. So is the rubber flap for the bottom of the door. Good luck!

Also, growing inside you will know doubt require a carbon filter with extraction fan. Being that size closet, you wouldn't need anything too powerful.

Might not hurt to get some reflective material it helps alot when growing with CFL lights. A cheap source would be emergency blankets you can pick them up for like two bucks at any wally fart that is what I use and it works pretty good.

Hello everyone do you think I will need more lighting or do I have to much, lighting is what I want to perfect, I also picked up 20ft of panda film that I'm surrounding the closet and door in, can I just thumbtack it onto the wall? I'm really at a lost on what nutrients to give my soon to be northern light, I went to my very local hydroponics shop and man they have everything I need!

Well as long as you can control the heat the more light the better. I personally use 153w for veg and 208w for flower and what you have there is 115w so wouldn't hurt to add more. I don't know much about panda film but i don't see why you couldn't tack it up. Not sure how many plants you are gonna grow but use as much light as you can maybe get some y-splitters and some reflector clamp lights. Give me a little bit and I'll go take a picture to give you a idea of what I am talking about

I was curios to tacking it up because I read that more crinkles brought down your reflection and was wondering if the non-reflective tacks would have the same effect, Also this closet doesn't have fresh air (obviously) but every time I talk to the guy at the Hydroponic shop he keeps telling me to Hang co2 pads and get some fans will that be an efficient ventilation setup?

Also here is the soil I chose to go with, I'd like to mix something with this for a preferred nutrient setup for northern lights.
Snapchat-1961816716999862254.jpg

Well you might want mix it with perlite so the soil doesn't compact over time. As far as co2 stuff goes i see alot of ppl say they aren't cost effective so i would put a fan in there and open the closet once or twice a day if you can for air exchange. If you want to try out the.co2 thingy's go ahead but from what I've read it seems to be a waste of money.

Hello everyone I have started wrapping the closet in panda film, I was looking into starting my seed in those little Gro-Blocks after I germinate it, What are you opinions on this?

Should I make a light bar with a height adjustment chain or should I install lights at various heights on the wall of the Grow-Closet?
Here's the closet so far V V V

Hello everyone I have started wrapping the closet in panda film, I was looking into starting my seed in those little Gro-Blocks after I germinate it, What are you opinions on this?

Should I make a light bar with a height adjustment chain or should I install lights at various heights on the wall of the Grow-Closet?
Here's the closet so far V V V

Why not just plant the germinated seed in the soil? You are growing in soil just plant it would be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom