New growth on buds

gator1

Being someone who checks on thier buds daily and for several hours at a time, it is hard for me to tell if there is new growth. What does new growth look like on already developed buds? Does it grow from the inside out. My only indication is two pistols tucked up that havent popped straight out yet. Any other indications?

I have found that in some ( not all ) grows that I have done, with several different strains, buds will 'tell' you when they are done by the trichs coloring. I have found one strain that the trichs never turn amber, no matter how long you let it go.
On the subject of new growth on your buds, it just means they are not ready yet and are still too immature. Usually, in late bloom, buds will show what are called foxtails on the tops of your bud. White pistols that form a small crown on the tops. This is just an indication that your plant has not finished its proccesses yet. I usually wait until these foxtails merge into the rest of the bud, as this is the time that your bud will swell up and put on some weight.

Give it another week or so. I know how impatiant one can get as harvest approches and have learned that the extra week or so of maturation can mean the difference between good bud and great bud.

It works for me.

Back
Top Bottom