Bud, popcorn, growth under the ScrOG?

Hello fellow growers!

Im having a kind of a dillema. Should I trim/cut off those popcorn buds under the scrog net? As you can see from the pictures I wanna focus the bud growth above the net to achieve (maybe a bit less) but more dense buds.

So does those small popcorns which are a bit struggling under the net eating alot of the plants energy? I want to focus all the energy to the top buds obviously so is it better to trim off popcorns or does that action cause stress to the plant which may slow down the whole plants bud growth? :hmmmm:
7AB838E5-6B14-4F71-9112-1E424245790E.jpeg

F6403010-D6E1-40C5-BE5E-975E9CDC3B7E.jpeg

Idk if my logic make any sense but I figured the thing like this: Plant starts to develop new popcorns to the lower branches under the net after defolation since the lower branches getting little light now. And since the upper buds are more mature than the lower popcorns, the plant uses more energy to the popcorns so they could catch up with the bigger ones(?)

Thanks for your reply and stay safe!

Tried to search the forum and other topics regarding but it seems like every1 has their own opinion.. Both yes and no having a sensible answears.

Yup i think both results can end up being a winning but inside im a fan of taking all the pop corn of right upto
week 3 of flower.And the odd pinch here and there after week 3 ;)

I take them off as early as possible

Yuh I pretty much defoliated and lollipopd the plants ~week after flipping into 12/12, but plant just started at this late stage to develop those popcorns, guess its bcoz of the genetics..?

Pretty much cut off all the popcorns when I came to the conclusion that the plant focuses all the energy now to the upper colas.
Ik cutting off any budsites will stress out the plant, but decided to take the ”risk” which hopefully rewards at the end.

E: and by saying ”cut off all the popcorns” I meant cut off basicly lower 1/3, everything under the net.

Back
Top Bottom