Popcorn buds all over

Sdotcookie

420 Member
Hi i have grown a few plants and they only every produce popcorn size buds all over even on main colas whats up with this whats going wrong? I have a mars ts600 they all seem to grow really well but the minute they hit flowering they slow down and buds just don't form or amount to anything more than a popcorn size bud if that. I have a pink grapefruit auto by short stuff growing st the moment and this is the same small shitty buds all over its 9 weeks into flower so just starting flush mostly all orange pistills and a few amber trichs but just useless buds and plant next to it is auto lsd25 and thats gone foxtail buds on me and they are even worse

20201207_165011.jpg

The TS600 has a foot print of 2×2 for flowering (i think). In this size foot print you should probably limit it to 1 plant to flower in.
Another method would be to try and cut branches to have the plant focus on less branches and buds. Since these are autos, i cant say that would work. That technique works for photos pretty well.

Auto's are tough man, you can't have any disturbing issues and I can tell your plants have had some setbacks. Photo's are way more forgiving when you make mistakes, I have had some ugly ducklings(Rare for me) turn into Swans. I would say light situation(leggy and not enough flower power... fine for Veg) and with the clawing downward possible over watering or hit too hard with nutrients all at once.

Your plants have nice Trunks on them which leads me to believe the problems occur during flower switch(or during early to mid flower). Hard to say without further details. Sorry about your luck friend... always hurts for awhile losing a lady, but get back on that horse and RIDE. :passitleft:

i might suggest that it looks pretty clear that you have several issues going on at the same time

from plant training to light issues to ferting issues and probably watering problems as well

tons of useful info on this site to help you out,,

peace and karma sent friend

Ah ok thanks so the ts600 is pretty useless then? Just i seen so many decent videos and other grow journals done with this light hence why I got it as they were all singing its praises and looked like great results
Ok to veg not ideal to flower.
Plants have to be short, for that light to be effective during flowering.

What is actual watts pulled from wall? 80-100w? Not enough for flowering... Imo

OK thanks for input guys il source a better light any suggestions for one I can use throughout? And yes will try photoperiods next as these didn't take kindly to the nutes even at lower than stated doses hence the yellowing of the tips.

Hi i have grown a few plants and they only every produce popcorn size buds all over even on main colas whats up with this whats going wrong? I have a mars ts600 they all seem to grow really well but the minute they hit flowering they slow down and buds just don't form or amount to anything more than a popcorn size bud if that. I have a pink grapefruit auto by short stuff growing st the moment and this is the same small shitty buds all over its 9 weeks into flower so just starting flush mostly all orange pistills and a few amber trichs but just useless buds and plant next to it is auto lsd25 and thats gone foxtail buds on me and they are even worse

Hey Fella, I have the same strain, Pink Grapefruit Auto, it's my favorite strain.
Honestly its a low yield type of plant in general. I'm not saying that's the reason your getting popcorn buds, but I'm positive its a player in it. Just make sure you got good nutrition, lighting, airflow, training techniques and you should get the best yields possible...

Next time I'd suggest a more bushy, shorter, wider trained plant this way you can maximize the amount of usable lighting you already have.

Keep up the great work.

Yup
What is your watt draw, pulled from wall?
Edit not enough lol
well I guess I will see what happens in the next week with the TS600. I will let you know.

300W LED Panel Grow Light Veg Lamp
LED Output Power:300W
Actual Power :120W
Wavelength Range:380~800nm
Input Voltage:AC85V~AC265V
Frequency: 50/60 HZ
Package size:400x260x110mm
Gross Weight:2.3KG

Vs

Mars Hydro TS 600 LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum 90W 1.5ftx1.5ft 2ftx2ft coverage
●[High Efficiency White Led Light] Newest SMD Led technology provide the highest Par/Lumen output, designed to replace a single-ended 150W HPS. Average 1.5g yield per draw.
●[Low Energy Consumption Grow Lighting] Consuming only 100W with 240 Leds! It saves up to 50% energy than other led grow lights. Perfect for 1.5'x1.5' (45x45cm) Bloom stage and 2'x2' (60x60cm) Veg stage. Over 90% light energy can be absorbed by plants, higher intensity and more even coverage in a Mars Hydro grow tent.
●[Sunlike Full Spectrum Led Indoor Growing] 660-665nm Red IR/3200-4200K/5200-6800K, infinite close to natural light, best for all plants grow stage, rapid plant response from seed to flower and increase yield&crop quality.
●[High Reflective&Noise Free Fanless Led Grow System] design will make your growing life easy and quiet, quickly heat dispersing material aluminum reducing light lost to aisles and walls, increase the light intensity up to 20%, allowing your plants receive more energy and without burning your plants for maximum headroom

Mars hydro ts600 Low Energy Consumption Grow Lighting] Consuming only 100W
if this is your light, it should be enough (just enough) to get a single low height bushy plant an alright yield.

Looking at the plants again its clear that your plants nutrition is a little out of whak. It will be alot easier next time the more you read and learn more about Cannabis.

There is tons of great resources here for you to utilize. Everyone starts somewhere fella, so don't get discouraged...

well I guess I will see what happens in the next week with the TS600. I will let you know.

300W LED Panel Grow Light Veg Lamp
LED Output Power:300W
Actual Power :120W
Wavelength Range:380~800nm
Input Voltage:AC85V~AC265V
Frequency: 50/60 HZ
Package size:400x260x110mm
Gross Weight:2.3KG

Vs

Mars Hydro TS 600 LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum 90W 1.5ftx1.5ft 2ftx2ft coverage
●[High Efficiency White Led Light] Newest SMD Led technology provide the highest Par/Lumen output, designed to replace a single-ended 150W HPS. Average 1.5g yield per draw.
●[Low Energy Consumption Grow Lighting] Consuming only 100W with 240 Leds! It saves up to 50% energy than other led grow lights. Perfect for 1.5'x1.5' (45x45cm) Bloom stage and 2'x2' (60x60cm) Veg stage. Over 90% light energy can be absorbed by plants, higher intensity and more even coverage in a Mars Hydro grow tent.
●[Sunlike Full Spectrum Led Indoor Growing] 660-665nm Red IR/3200-4200K/5200-6800K, infinite close to natural light, best for all plants grow stage, rapid plant response from seed to flower and increase yield&crop quality.
●[High Reflective&Noise Free Fanless Led Grow System] design will make your growing life easy and quiet, quickly heat dispersing material aluminum reducing light lost to aisles and walls, increase the light intensity up to 20%, allowing your plants receive more energy and without burning your plants for maximum headroom
Mars will probably do better in your space as its a full spectrum LED.

Blurple lights are not ideal.

Hi, couple of things going on here...
First off, Not every plant strain has genetics to produce giant rock hard buds. Doesn't mean it's bad, just mean it doesn't look like other peoples bud pictures.

Second, i highly recommend picking up a cheap but very helpful tool called the kill-a-watt (usually under $15) which will tell you how much power your devices are pulling from the wall.

Armed with that info, the typical practice for flowering is to use 50 actual watts of lighting per square foot (not "equivalent watts"). I've even had great success with 40 watts/foot.

You may just need to add a second light and be fine.

Third, feeding. Autos are funny about feeding and sometimes will actually freak out if you use the instructions on the bottle. It's a weird balancing act.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom