Another thread about popcorn buds

Doctor Trevor

My two plants are a few weeks away from harvesting and I have a lot of popcorn buds on each of them.

IIRC, someone said that popcorn buds aren't good for smoking because they are too fluffy. They still contain thc and can be used in tinctures and gummies, etc.. I plan on using most of my harvest on edibles and tinctures.

Given this, I should just let the little buds grow, right? Or am I missing something?

Few weeks from harvest just leave them be, no benefit to doing anything/removing late in Flower and can cause you other issues anyway. Not sure where the "they not smokable or good to smoke" came/comes from, I don't buy into that one as I smoke them all the time, but I also don't trim very tight so what do I know I guess ;) :rofl: . They call them B or C Buds around here at the Dispensaries and as they don't have the "bag appeal" they go for less, but get you just as high IMHO and if you not selling bag appeal has little to no meaning anyway. Must be like the folks that think it ruined if she got pollinated, yes seeds are a royal PITA old school thing but doesn't affect quality unless you miss one and your Jay blows up ;) :rofl:. Yes it affects quantity to a point as the plant is putting a lot of energy in the seeds, but is something for a few months work to smoke on and more quantity in your bag than chucking the whole plant, commercial scale different as you don't want a hermie messing up a bunch of other ladies and tanking your value, but I could never tell the difference in the high between a Clone I pollinated on purpose compared to one of her Sisters that was cloned off same plant that wasn't pollinated. But again that just me, everyone can do whatever they want :peace::Namaste::bong:

Er pop corn buds are just fine whether you wish to inhale via combustion or vape methods or prefer edibles etc

The fact behind pop corn bud is low light conditions being blocked by fan leaf's & if you are into the science aka Light Depreciation over Distance basically not as powerful from said source this weakens over several inches, feet, 150mm to 300mm or cm depending on preferred choice of imperial/metric measurements thus getting weaker over greater distances.

Some growers may even train their plants via LST methods or even scrog to help light penetrate the lower levels of the plant canopy to help fatten up those lower bud sites, this helps to a degree depending on method of training but can xxx % to yield.

Some people pick the leaf's off as well, sounds alarming I know... still works tho :green_heart:

I make butter with the sugar leafs. I'm very happy with it. The one time I 'overdid it,' I made jambalaya with magical butter. I ate about three servings before it hit me.

It hit me like a runaway cement mixer. But that's a story for another day.

Ye I do the same with sugar leaf trim & perhaps some of the extra fluffy not so pop corn bud.

After I've picked through the kilner jar of top shelve bud for vaping I may use smaller stuff for butter.

Back
Top Bottom