New guy here - Nice to meet everyone - A few tips?

Greeko

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and, actually I'm here because I'm trying to fill a few gaps I have in my mind about a few things I just can't wrap my head around yet... :/
I'd describe my self as a beginner especially with hydro systems...

So anyway I guess I'll just start by describing what I am doing and trying to achieve... (I did read the various stickies and I hope I don't break any forum rules by naming the things I will be using. Obviously I have no financial gain from any of these products - so if I am please let me know. Thanks)

I am going to do a greenhouse grow. I have been building it for quite some time now. And it's almost finished and I think in about a week I'll be able to start off.

Anyway..

It essential a home built greenhouse but we'll insulated. As here we have silly hot summers.
I have an ac unit in the room. To keep around 25 or so degC
I have a 800w LED unit
A 20 pot wilma hydro system 1.2m x 1.2m overall dimensions.
I'll be using hydrocorn
I am planning to start this one with root riot cubes
I have limited access to nutrients and right now I don't have them in front of me to list them but I'm sure there may be better ones someone could recommend and hopefully I can get a hold of here
I'll be using Heavyweight Fast & Vast Auto seeds.

Now my question is as follows... well my first question I suppose

I would really like to get close to 2kg of dry weed st the end...
Is this completely unrealistic? My sceptic is that because the LED is decent in size and obviously the sun during the day that in terms of light power I will have ample.
Is this a correct assumption?

What I cannot decide is in each of the 20 pots should I put 1 or 2 plants. So 20 or 40 in total. What would be my best bet in achieving highest yields...

They are autos and I don't expect them to get particularly huge..

Anyway thanks for your time looking forward to all info.

Sent from my SM-N915FY using 420 Magazine Mobile App

800w of led is not enough light power to grow 20 plants never mind 40. And autos can get huge mate there as stong as any regular seed so bare that in mind;) .hope this helps;)

OK great. So the fact that it will be under the sun still won't help?
How much led wattage should I be aiming for even with the sun throughout the day?

In the given space of the wilma system do you think (if I had enough light) how many should I go for 20 or 40 plants? Would they be too crowded and produce overall less than say 20 in the same space?

Thanks for the reply!

Is my 2kg (4.4 pounds) goal achievable assuming i sort out the lighting or is that just unreasonable?

Definitely possible.. using the power of the sun might make them huge.. the Led should be fine but it's definitely not going to cover 20 to 40 plants but the sun will be doing most the work.. using 20 plants with a 4 oz yeild per plant should give you the weight your looking for but I am personally unfamiliar with outdoor autos so this might not be possible. . 40 plants yielding 2 oz each will also fill your weight quota and 2 oz per auto is a very reasonable and achievable goal. The real question ..... Is your greenhouse large enough to house that many plants.? Outdoor plants can get big fast..

Hi thanks for your reply. I think I have to clarify here they will be going in on wilma 20 pot system that I'll be using. Which has a total size of 1.2 meters by 1.2 meters.
Are we speaking about the size in terms of width and length of my greenhouse or the height?
The height is large enough I hope. It's 2.4 meters tall and large enough to fit i guess plenty of these systems. But I only have the one...
Do you think I'll be OK?

So do you think I should go for 40 plants in this area or 20 less crude ones? I really just am looking to hit my "target I suppose" :/

Thanks again.

Ok.... I looked up the system your talking about and it's rather small. You can hit a pound with that system in a tent so maybe a little more outdoor. I personally don't think that 4.4 oz is possible in a 4ftx4ft area. If you rearranged the pots to fit a 8ft x 8ft space you can give your plants more room to grow and hitting a pound per 4x4 lot (5 plants per 4x4 ) you would need to yeild 3 oz per auto. If the autos get big enough it's definitely possible. One 4x4 lot with 20 pots outdoors is going to get to full and will definitely hurt your yeild.

Sorry i did not see the sun part.with the sun through the day they should be fine.but will get big;) id go for 10 plants or 15 .as said above give them more space to grow bigger plants bigger yields.some key info thrown ur way.top work growers;)

Thaks again. Right so basically 40 plants in a 4 ft by 4 ft area is defiantly a bad idea...?
I'm not sure I can spread the pots out because the reservoir under them is a fixed size... so I'm dimensionally stuck right now to that Sq footage... :/
So my best bet would be 20 plants since it has 20 pots available. Right?
In terms of yield do you think I could get about 4oz a plant even though they may be crowded? (Because I am assuming and hoping the sun plus the led light 20/0 on/off together will be more than enough lightage? )

Thanks for the info

A 4 oz plant is a big plant. I can only fit 4 plants that size in a 4x4 tent. Trying to squeeze in 16 more is crazy. I don't think its possible but I could be wrong. Some creative low stress training might help. Maybe train all the plants along the border of your area to grow away from the center. Might give you a extra foot on each side making you canopy a 6ftx6t..

Right that is very interesting I hadn't thought of that. I guess there's a lot instill need to plan for before I get it going. .. about training the plants to spread out.
So basically the general concensus is that 40 is way too many and I should go for 20 in my 4 ft by 4 ft designated space let's say...?
And sun + 800w led maybe I'll hit 4oz a plant?

Another question if you guys don't mind.. I have right now my hand on biobizz nutrients... where I am we don't have a biggest selection of things but if you can recommend something more appropriate I can try and find it. Biobizz any good for our use?

Thanks again guys

Thanks for that. Any idea what may be more suitable for an outdoor/greenhouse/lit hydro set up? :/

I am at a bit of a loss to understand your reasoning to use a Hydro system or even a small pot Hydro system, in a insulated green house. If your goal is $$$. Then plant 4 auto's in 30+ Lt pots, and with the right nutes you'd easily get 1lb of bud. Check out Mendo Dope Vids on you tube. Those guys are pulling in 10lb from one plant in 1000Lt pots on out door grows. Get yourself Ummy or YouTube down loader as they have a vid which is 6 hours long and they go thru 60 tips on how to get BIG trees and bud yield over a six month period.

Hi I really didn't think it's possible to get such a large plant and yield from an auto?
I'm going to check the videos out shortly, but by the sounds of your description if such size autos cam actually grow, generally that may be a simpler set up.
Does the size of the plant have simply to do with the pot size? Surely in a hydro system with heavier nute supply would be the same thing - or have I got the wrong idea...?

A talented grower will get more yield from a hydro system than what I get from using soil if basing on same pot size and nutes. Blah, Blah Blah. That's under lights and growing inside of course. Autos will give slightly less yield than a normal seed or clone. (That's on average. There are always exceptions) Out door grows will give you more bud than indoor grows. The reason being is that normally, height is not a restriction on outdoor grows. So if you are growing out side, over a six month period, on 4 plants there is no reason why you can not get 1lb + from each of your plants.
A good grower on the right strain, will get 5+ oz's (dried weight) per plant from a indoor grow. That in it's self is more than a pound just on 4 plants. When I was in my mid teens and grew Big crops just for the fun of it. (walked thru the bush and threw handfuls of beans around the place). Getting a pound per plant was easy and that was without much effort. (Me = teen, over 30 years ago).
High yields on outside grows come from, quality nutes and pot size. Thats the only secrete. Mother nature does the rest. If she smiles on your plants. All will be good, if she dose not^^ Spider mites & various moulds will haunt your plants and that's not even mentioning the kangaroos, wild pigs and the twats that like to rip other peoples crops. But that was back in my day, before there were such things as LED lights, or anyone outside of the European community growing weed under green houses. Get on YouTube and learn about outdoor grows. Give me pots in trees outside, over pots under lights any day of the week. Big tree's equals, big fruits.

Back
Top Bottom