New Member - New Grow - From Amateur To Pro!

NappyGrower

hello fellow cultivators, as the title suggest this will be my first attempt on a grow journal. I'm an young self taught amateur grower but after 3 grows (2 out 1 indoor) of trail and error i think im ready to cultivate top shelf grade medicinal cannabis. This will be my 4th grow.Im mainly doing this because there is alot of people out there that share my same ambition seeking answers but this industry is so vast, its hard to even begin to ask the right questions. So i want to share my experience and be sort of a motivation factor for other new growers like myself.

Now that, that's out the way....

What will i be growing?: 3 clones( Girl scout cookies, grape ape, blueberry) and a mix of unknown bag seeds..adding more later ;P

Indoor/out?: indoor

Size: 10'x4'x6' DIY growtent

Nuts: none yet

soil/hydro: coco coir medium

Lights : 400w MH (for now..veg) adding 1000w hps later

Here is a look at my growtent in the making..missing some materials so cudnt finish but will be done soon :)
IMG_164419.JPG

where my girls are now...typical amateur closet grow :p
IMG_163924.JPG

I know your not suppose to have a favorite child but....G.S.C
IMG_164021.JPG

Grape Ape and her distinctive leaves.
IMG_164221.JPG

Blueberry...Yum yum( first heard about this strain when ludacris released his DTP album)i played that album everyday so i had to get it :)
IMG_164124.JPG

The babies..(funny thing there all a few days part, so u can see the stages in chronological order.)
IMG_164319.JPG

Results of my last grow(outdoor) :D....canopy reached 8ft tall measured..close to a lb/plant...my trophies..my inspiration.
IMG_164519.JPG

Pics of old grow..grown during California growing season in spring, fed with cal-mag, sprayed with carbon water...and the tap water from my house wud turn green with algae if left in a bucket in the sun( i still drank it..befor the photosynthesis ofc)..idk if good or bad but definitely good results..canopy reached 8ft measured.
old15.jpg
old23.jpg
old6.jpg

Unfortunately was a mystery bag seed strain, she pollinated herself. i collected all the seeds..and lost them all..super bad luck, no more pink weed :c

Like alot of growers, i am working on a budget...The clones are in week 1 of veg and was topped about 3 days ago:yahoo: and the oldest seedling is about a week old. Ill try to upload pics every week to keep u guys updated and for personal record. I kept a journal before on my phone but when the phone got damaged, bye bye journal..so here i am:Namaste:

so good, It will be interesting to follow your journal.

UPDATE!
Went to my local dispensary yesterday to pick up some more clones, i really like having a variety idk if posting alot of picture is a good thing? but i know i like seeing pics lol...anyway sit back and watch the grow :ganjamon:

After picking up some more clones i stopped by the hydro store for some simple nuts and ph testers. i use organicare seaplex plant formula(seaweed). botanicare Cal-mag and a potassium supplement..The botanicare pure blend pro is for bloom so im not using that yet.
IMG_164723.JPG

Got my pH right so its time for feeding
IMG_164618.JPG

Gonna veg for 1 month and 3 weeks..(total 2 months veg, 2 months flower)since i started count this week and they are most likely older.. i like to keep track of the days and when i water. just so i dont forget and i stay organized.
IMG_165619.JPG

Im still not done making the tent, but since i got more clones i had to work with what i had. this will make do for veg until its time for 1000w
IMG_165818.JPG

My mystery Strain seedlings..friend says he got from G.S.C flowers, gonna keep a close eye out for any comparisons to the others
IMG_165522.JPG

Now to introduce the new girls..First up is Super sour Diesel
IMG_165325.JPG

Key Lime Pie(like a cousin of cookies)left......Strawberry Cough(right)
IMG_165024.JPG

nxt we have Blue dream(back left)...OGkushbreath girl scout cookies(back right) and both Sky-walker OG in front
IMG_164924.JPG

Venom OG..i LST'D the stronger clones with small nodes so i can get the most shoots/colas to maximize yield :) i didnt break or snap the stem so she will heal right up.
IMG_165221.JPG

White Fire Alien..all of them are lst'd like this but u can really see them in my new teen clones.
IMG_165124.JPG

Blueberry/G.S.C/grape ape topped and LST'd
IMG_165423.JPG

I have some seeds germinating as well...A TRUE MYSTERY STRAIN IMPORTED FROM A DIFFERENT COUNTRY! ill reveal where they came from most likely at the end of the week...thats all as of right now :slide::blunt:

I also switched my light from MH to 400w HPS..the MH broke while moving my setup :/... Im now growing 16 plants and still have space to add more...when i get more lighting im looking to add plants of the same strain now that i have a good variety.

hello people, sorry im a little late but i am back with some more progress.

big thanks to all those watching :thumb: now to get started

Im now growing 18 plants:

3 weeks old:
Girl scout cookies(gsc)
Grape Ape
Blueberry
2 weeks old:
venom og
Skywalker og(twins)
1 week old:
super sour diesel
strawberry cough
bluedream
OGkushbreath GSC
white fire alien og
key lime pie
4 seedlings
2 new ones!

Some of my plants where showing signs of deficiencies, i checked my ph and it was a lil off so i flushed my plants and fed them with some better ph lower newts water. I also raised my lights due to some plants showing signs of heat stress. While transplanting my White fire alien i accidentally snapped the plant all the way to the first node :/ (rookies mistake) luckily i still have that...there is more good than bad tho :) most of my plants are healthy with white roots growing rapidly..i plan to grow them all in 7 gal buckets of coco..there in these pots until i save a lil more $ :p....now for some pics :blunt:

Roots of 3 week old Blueberry
IMG_166422.JPG

Whats left of the White Fire Alien OG :/ hang in there
IMG_169724.JPG

Girl scout cookies up first..doing the best, has the fastest root and veg growth,
IMG_169122.JPG

top view of my early Lst..i plan to stretch out this grow to 3 1/2-4 months, so i dont mind stressing them a lil..there strong and healthy
IMG_169420.JPG

side view..i bury the string in the ground XD
IMG_169222.JPG

back view...
IMG_169321.JPG

nxt is grape ape..lookin good:yummy: you can see the results of my topping and lst..already 2 main shoots
IMG_168914.JPG

IMG_169022.JPG

Blueberry sitting pretty..topped with alot of shoots..not lst'd as much
IMG_168623.JPG

lets start the week 2's with the twin Skywalker og's..not lst'd
Luke
IMG_168323.JPG

Anakin
IMG_168427.JPG

IMG_168519.JPG

then the Venom..healed right back up, but didnt result in much growth so ima just leave her alone and let her do her thang..lst'd once
IMG_168718.JPG

Weeks 1's...first we have Super sour Diesel..no top or lst
IMG_167826.JPG

Strawberry Cough..no top, little lst
IMG_167624.JPG

Blue Dream..no top/lst
IMG_167928.JPG

OGKB GSC..she wasnt doing so well..hopefully i fixed the problem as stated above..stay with m D:..no top/lst
IMG_168028.JPG

IMG_168125.JPG

IMG_168225.JPG

the sweet Key Lime Pie...little lst
IMG_169522.JPG

IMG_169620.JPG

Nxt we Have our seedlings..Oldest is 10 days(topped), then 8,6,4.
IMG_167728.JPG

So one of my friends gave me some seeds he brought back with him from Jamaica! they cracked from the dirt 2 days ago and quickly shook there shells. Im very excited to grow these and even through i dont know the genetics and there mystery. they come from Jamaica so im very eager so see how they grow and bud and smoke:rollit::ganjamon:....ill call the Jamaican #1 and #2
IMG_169916.JPG

The only thing else i have to do is finish wrapping my tent in mylar and tranplant all these babies into there final 7-gal homes filled with coco. Im saving funds in order to buy 2 more 1000w hps lights,dirt and pots.After that its all auto pilot :)

hello my fellow growers, time to update this journal

First off ive noticed that i grow better from seeds than i do starting with clones. they each have there pro's and con's but i personally like growing from seeds better due to the fact that its easier to take care of seeds compared to clones(clones have to survive transplant shock, have to take root and are more deficiency prone).

Next Ive noticed some over watering and deficiency problems. Some of the girls have gotten better but not all of them are all the way healed up.

Ive also decided not to state there age untill there all growing at a relatively same pace..i predict this will happen when the plants reach 2-3 feet and are in early veg. there suppose to be in veg now but im still treating them like "seedlings, cuttings, pre-veg" whatever u call them, till the younger/sick ones catch up with the ones on schedule.

I buckled down and bought a PPM meter and Ph Meter. together they where roughly $90 bucks after taxes and these are the cheaper options..i was using the cheap $5 Ph drops but my plants got sick(deficiencies) and even though im suppose to be saving for lights these items where much needed
IMG_176716.JPG

Ive been feeding my plants a simple mix of Cal-mag and a phosphate supplement to cure whatevers wrong with my babies
IMG_176620.JPG

Next up ill introduce my seedlings:

"fortune cookie" friend gave me this seed saying it came from girl scout cookies bud he bought at the club,burner has a video where he calls this phenomenon "fortune cookies" so ill do the same.
cookie_seed.JPG

Ive looked for similarities to back up my friends accusation and believe this strain is cookies

Fortune+girl scout
gsc_seed.JPG

fortune+OGKB
ogkb_seed.JPG

Fortune+key lime pie
klp_seed.JPG

Fortune+bush showing differences
seeds79.JPG

Next we have "Bush" a mystery bag seed strain(#2) that's more bushy than mystery #1(now known as fortune cookies).
bush14.JPG

Seedling #3 gets the name "mister" cuz "mystery 3" just didnt fit..she got sick, growth got stunted...kinda the story of all my plants
mister1.JPG

nxt is "mister mister", i like this mister thing cuz it has more personality than "mystery #". Although younger, mister mister passed up her older sister in growth.
mr_mister_.JPG

Nxt we have the rockstars of the tent, the jamaicans..growing really fast
jamaican_1.JPG

jamaican_2.JPG

next up are the clones, its hard to tell there age like you can with the seeds. they have been getting sick and have had there growth stunted, i feel like they should be bigger for being 3 weeks old. hopefully they will spurt up after i fix the over watering and nutes problem.

White fire alien Og, making a comeback :)
white_fire_alien_.JPG

Super sour diesel
super_sour_deisel.JPG

Strawberry cough
strawberry_cough7.JPG

Blue Dream, going through a rough time. Hang in there!
BlueDream_end_.JPG

blueberry,her predecessor doing good
Blueberry66.JPG

The sweet, Key Lime Pie
key_lime_pie1.JPG

OGKB, has seen better days aswell, im sure they'll make a bounce back. fingers crossed
OGKB_end_.JPG

Venom OG, lookin good. coming back from a deficiency
venom_og.JPG

Grape ape, doin it's thang
Grape_ape12.JPG

Luke the "skywalker og" is hanging in there
luke.JPG

Anakin, the twin "skywalker og" took to her name and is growing into a monster >:p
anakin.JPG

Last but not least, we have our "Girl scout cookies". my favorite baby with no signs of stress or deficiencies. she really adapts to the LST and is showing promising growth.
cookies5.JPG

cookies_3_.JPG

cookies_2_.JPG

Thats it for now with whats going on in my grow.I'm thinking about changing the updates from every week to every 2 weeks and sometimes altering back and forth.the reason for this is i would like to see more drastic changes and growth in the photos i upload, and this might help achieve that. At this point i'm just working on getting my nutes balanced out and a good watering schedule so my plants wont get sick again. need to get my babies back to where there suppose to be then its smooth sailing from then on...i hope lol help/advice is also highly appreciated :ganjamon::peacetwo:

Looking good!

I think the pages pop up automatically when the limit gets hit.

Its been a little over 2 weeks since i posted. I wanted to wait to show some major differences, in term of growth in the pics. I think my plan worked out pretty good :thumb:. i wish to have a big harvest so i still plan to veg for 2 months even though some plants are older than the others...they look a little droopy because these picture where takin at night time when they where "sleeping". anyway here's some pics.

First up, we have the cookie family...ima stop flooding my post with pics and just do the extra work of editing my pictures, i think it looks better this way.
Cookie_Family.jpg

The OG's up next
The_OG_s.jpg

The White Fire Alien OG made an outstanding comeback! im proud of all my strong plants
WhiteFire.JPG

I call these my Flavors because of there names lol
The_Flavors.jpg

The Jamaicans are chillin :hippy::ganjamon:
Jamaicans.JPG

Mister Mister(believed to be from a gorilla glue seed ,will look out for similarities) and Bush (mystery bag seed with random name)
Bush15.JPG

"The lot" how my plants look together under 400w hps..18hrs day-6 hrs night,installing another light soon
TheLot.JPG

g'day Nappy,
I think each page has 15-20 posts per page,
maybe try adding only a couple pics then make a new post and then add some more pics :woohoo:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom