New To Growing

BlueSmoke13

Im starting my first indoor grow. My two plants are THC Bomb and Auto Bud Cannon. I could only find 2700k bulbs so ive started with them. (Ordered 6500k bulbs). So i have two 5 gallon buckets that i just planted my germinated seeds in, one seed in each. I soaked the soil with distilled water and 1/4 recommended dose of miracle grow food, drained and let sit for 24 hours. Each bucket is filled about 3/4 of the way with generic soil without time release nutes with a 150w CFL about 3" above the soil to where the light dome covers the entire top of the bucket. When they grow above the rim, i have additional bulbs for the sides of the plants. Im not concered with stealth or smell so they are just sitting in my bedroom closet. Im not big on using more than soil and lights. From what ive read, nutes work great but have seen plenty of no nute grows go well also so im going to stick with very minimal to no nutes. Im going to do 24/7 light until the seed sprouts threw the soil then 18/6. Please feel free to advise me or comment :)

Thc is a very nice strain to grow. All of my bomb strains have been good to me. Congratulations on your seedling.

It's normally a good idea to start seeds in small container, and work up to big container so soil will not stay wet. Plants too small to suck that much water. So it will take a long time to dry out in the bottom. Good luck.

Soil in general is wet but around the seedlings has dried quite a bit. I have several drain holes in the buckets and catch buckets underneath

I'm no expert. I don't know if you should try transplanting now, maybe too fragile. I would just do a small amount of water near seedling. Maybe see how this one goes, and try starting smaller next time. I hope you get more input on this one.

The less you transplant the better. I would recommend solo cups for seedlings and clones then after 1-2 weeks transplant into there final pots. Since you started in 5 gallon I would leave it just control the water. In a 5 gallon a young plant can go 5 days with 1 gallon water. Most of the time when they get older you can feed a 5 gallon pot 2 gallons of water. Start off with 1/4 gallon of water and go up a 1/4 every other week. Try and put water on the outer area in soil not right on the stem. You want the roots to grow out looking for water and helps not getting root rot when they are young

I have a room 4'wide 8' long 8' height I want to grow hydroponic already have 2 xtrasun digital ballast with xtrasun reflectors 400 watt lights sodium bulbs and halide bulbs walls and ceiling covered with myrofoil floor area painted reflective white

i have 8" black flexible pipe my water supply will come from a bathtub that is sunken into floor of adjacent room what spacing should my plants be

5th day the sprouts have been threw the soil, still no more growth. Ive spilt 1/4 gallon of water between the two since the watering suggestions. Sprouts look fine just haven't start upwards. Hopefully it wont take too much longer for these autos to jump up

The first 7-14 days most growth is the root system. Soon you should see plant take off if they are happy

We will definitely have to have some chats about the bomb plants. Im currently building a badass box for my new house and intend to grow many more THC Bombs. Ty for your advice/comments

I have 3/4 of the bomb strains. My next order I will get the rest of them. I hope you decide to do a grow journal here. I would like to keep a eye on what you do.

subbed
I don't know im kinda mixed on bomb seeds I had good ones and bad ones
medi bomb2 wasn't the best indoor growing plant lol
my stupid autobomb gave me less than 7 grams dried :rofl:
and I think it was my hash bomb didn't sprout
but I loved medi bomb 1 :rofl: growing one right now

edit

you might wanna find something other than miracle grow to use for growing your meds

I can tell you Berry,THC,Ice and widow bomb have been outstanding for me. I am going to try Atomic,Bubble and Cherry next. I do not know about autos. I only grow them when they are free seeds and they do not get put under direct light they get put with the test grows. Now I will also say if you have not done THC take my word if grown right it is 100% worth adding to your selection. The medicating is outstanding along with the taste and smell. Kind of reminds me of a coffee smell and taste like chem dog. Ohh and LOTS of that good sticky icky resin...

I did find a generic not MG soil with no time release nute. One sprout is curled down a little with some yellowing and the other is turning brown. Im going to try and post pics here and on my page. Definitely need help

IMG_20150108_104515174.jpg

Drooping and a little yellow on lower leaf

I used 1/4 the req amount of MG food in water that i presoaked the soil in, Both under 150w cfl, both in generic soil with no time release nutes. Using bottle water only. I did add a 1/4 of req dose of MG food to another gallon and further diluted it in another gallon and watered a small amount with it one time. My set up is cheap and cave man lol pls advise me on whether or not i can or should save these or just start over. This is day 10 and no upward growth yet. Thank you for any help u can offer

Back
Top Bottom