New problem with off coloured stems

bonez4man

Can anyone help me with these. These Cuttings i took are probley bout 2 weeks old. They have recently changed colour at the stem and now a slight pale ness on the leaf.

Attachments

• 20190726_160734.jpg
    20190726_160734.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 88
Can anyone help me with these. These Cuttings i took are probley bout 2 weeks old. They have recently changed colour at the stem and now a slight pale ness on the leaf.

I've read that the purple can be from genetics or from the nutrients. I wish i could be more help. I've always just ignored my purple stems. rare that i don't have purple. I probably feed too strong tho.

Could be underfeeding from the look of it.

Edit- Though maybe that’s just the lighting.
Can be deficiencies from lack of magnesium. Sometimes cause by ph problems. Or if the plant seems happy and healthy overall then probably just genetics.

Could be underfeeding from the look of it.

Edit- Though maybe that’s just the lighting.
Can be deficiencies from lack of magnesium. Sometimes cause by ph problems. Or if the plant seems happy and healthy overall then probably just genetics.

lol, it's probably something we should ignore for the most part. i'm not sure if anyone agrees or not :p

BTW the plant looks pretty happy.

Hi All. Well if had 35 degree temps in this room last few days. Thank got it's back to a reasonable level. Definitely not low temperature. I was thinking high. I have no extraction in the veg tent just open doors and a fan blowing across. Thought it might have been too humid, anyway they look ok ish.

Aren't red/purple stems a product of low temperatures?
Can be caused by low temperatures mate. Makes the buds go purple too which is actually pretty cool :)
Can also be P def, which itself can also be caused by bad pH and at least a few more things that I can't remember, or it can also be just a purple stemmed plant. I've had a few.

Also,.regarding the post . I'd say it's all most likely just cos it's a clone that's still trying to figure life out.
Give her light nutes at the right ph for the media and shell sort herself out once she's up potted. :)

They look quite happy but I do see a little bit of a magnesium deficient appearance. Those dark veins with lighter leaf in between.
At least I’m assuming it to be a magnesium related thing. There is usually more than one deficiency once something gets off-kilter. There can be a variety of causes.

I’m having similar issues with a couple of my plants since re-arranging my nutrients a bit. In my case I know it’s not the way they’re supposed to look.

Yea my seedlings was not the purple colour either. Weird. I do think it's a shock. From what I dont know. And about the magnesium deficiency. How do I know even if I need it. Iv never added any. I live in the uk. And have hardwater. Dont know if this helps? Or should I just dose them with a small amount everytime I grow just pr peace of mind

Back
Top Bottom