New texting vs calling

thsee419

Hi my name is Candy I"m new here. Sorry if I posted in the wrong area but I was wondering is it safer to do transactions on text or call. Both from cell. From what I've looked up they can't access either unless they have a warrant.(in tx) So I was just wondering if cops can ever tap into our phone calling or texting. Thanks in advance!:cheer:

I would not recommend doing any transactions on a cell, but that's just me. I'm paranoid about those things and once got a look at the statistics about how many times the cell providers in this country gave information to LEOs in reply to nothing more than a friendly request.

But if you must do one or the other, avoid texts at all costs. Just think if you forgot to delete one and a LEO got a look at your phone. Whether it was something that could be used in court or not, it would give the LEO knowledge. (And did you read about the teen that accidentally sent a text to the SHERIFF when he thought he was sending it to his dealer, lol? He got nailed after a few back-and-forth texts and the cop agreed to meet him.)

Use an unmonitored landline telephone for local stuff and an unmonitored pay phone for long-distance. If a LEO illegally taps your landline and you get busted but can prove that the tap was the reason, you'll probably go free. But if he is given information by someone at your cell company (without lying or coercing), you might not have an "out." Nobody wants to go to jail, especially in Texas. They probably don't have air conditioning in lockup. Be the most paranoid person that you know.

They really ARE out to get you, you know.

Yeah Tx blows but thanks for your answer. I know cells are probably the worst things to go through.. just wanted to know which one was better!

since 9/11 all calls and digital messages are recorded for possible future screening... land,cell,IP, text or email.
That being said, if LEO is listening to your phone or looking at texts, its already way too late to worry.

Hmm, I talk a lil on phones land and air but, I have a set of code words for weights, availability and other things that I need to know about.
And... I don't talk to nobody that I don't already know. I don't have any new peeps in my life so, everyone I work w/is a family member more or less... everyone else is just that, as far as some things of this nature go!
I don't put stock in paranoia, it consists of that which is unknown... I don't dwell in the house of fear... period!

Buddy of mine was busted 2/09. People were stupid enough to text him asking what a 1/2 an ounce cost. They had all these text messages and they raid him. I had been dealing with this guy for 20 years and put all types of warnings to him. After 9/11 I went to code with the guy and that was the only way I would deal with the guy.

What happened was a girl he sold to got busted with it and she rolled over on him. Once that happen, they didn't say nothing for 6 months collecting evidence from the text messages and sending the person that got busted to get more from him.

The case is going on and now the evidence is showing that these 2 were having sex.
Not sure what that has to do with it, but once his Lawyer found out about it, he was having a hey day with the prosecutor about this.

My lesson on this is always talk to the person, no electronic communication at all and if electronic communication always use code. Thing is if that person gets busted and rolls over on you, they can always testify in court what the code was making the prosecutors case. I have never rolled on anyone and have taken a couple hits. I have no problem telling the police where to stuff it and to get me a lawyer.

I haven't bought smoke in a good year and now a days when I do or half to. It is in a place with loud music or a some type of noise to cover our voices.

Tortured Soul is correct.
Be the most paranoid person that you know.
They really ARE out to get you.

good luck to you.

In 'emerica even cordless landlines are easily intercepted by cops (and thugs without badges too) with a non-USA made scanner.

safest communication is disposable cel phone to disposable cel phone only, bought by a third party with cash. and the real trick most forget about, beside not using a real names, places, or hot words is you actually have to dispose of them regularly. preferably by throwing them in the sea.

since 9/11 all calls and digital messages are recorded for possible future screening... land,cell,IP, text or email.
That being said, if LEO is listening to your phone or looking at texts, its already way too late to worry.

I agree 420% this is all fact and not supposition or speculation but current Federal Law under The Patriot Act of 2001. We gave up many fundamental freedoms and liberties that have been in place since The Constitution and The Bill of Rights which we will never enjoy again.

In 'emerica even cordless landlines are easily intercepted by cops (and thugs without badges too) with a non-USA made scanner.

safest communication is disposable cel phone to disposable cel phone only, bought by a third party with cash. and the real trick most forget about, beside not using a real names, places, or hot words is you actually have to dispose of them regularly. preferably by throwing them in the sea.

Very Intelligent but this will soon end and the NSA doesn't bug the phone they bug the satellite recording all transmissions using voice recognition with massive super computers to anylize, catergorize, and record, each transmission.
+Rep:welldone:

I know someone who works for a company that monitors millions of cell connections at a time. The company is growing rapidly....

Texting and calling (landline or cell) are both unsafe. If you must "take care" of something insure the person and yourself know what a hello text or call really means. Do not use consistant "code words " either.

Just make sure you both have an "understanding" so nothing illegal needs to be mentioned in a text or call.

:peace:
WillyB

Since 9/11 a lot of our rights have eroded. A lot more of what you say on the phone IS being intercepted. In fact that goes for all communications.

Now if it is legal or not to use that in court is one thing. However, some cops may use that to just keep an eye on you for any other kinds of probable cause that can get them a warrant to perform a legal search and arrest. Getting information illegally is one thing but using it in court another. What the do with the illegally obtained information is what you need to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom