New to Growing How much Pumice to add?

notechvapor

I have grow bags, Happy Frog soil, a 600w LED grow light, a 36x20x62 grow tent. I have everything but the pumice, which i will receive Wed. I still have to germinate bag seeds and set the tent up..

i have 5gal grow bags. How much pumice should I add? What I ordered may have a lot of dust, but i hope not. Mixed reviews. If it is dust is it unuseable?

have GH Hydro PHup/down and the test bottle. It's a few years old, but should be good. I got it when we tried our hand at hydro for lettuce and other salad greens. I decided to grow in soil after the PH snafus that go wrong quickly with hydro. Then come to find out soil PH has to be watched closely too!

I bought some purified water and we filter our city water. I can even use our British Berky for he cleanest water too if I need to. All I know about aour city water is that is has a LOT of calcium and the PH tends to run around 7-8. We have been fighting the high PH in our outdoor summer garden and winter cold frame grows for salads. It will probably take a good year more before all the sulfur we added brings that PH down.

I'm SO looking forward to indoor growing. Fewer pests, more control over the grow, etc. My biggest downfall is I have been known to kill houseplants, but I never had the proper equipment until now.

Other than the pumice, I wanted to know if I can add a pot of lettuce, or spinach, kale to the grow tent while growing 2/5 gal buckets of MM? Growing in straw and miracle grow top soil outside in the greenhouse and it is slow growing this winter. I would love to have fresh greens year round in the tent if I can.

I am a female, in my 60's with Arachnoiditis in my spine. I have a lot of nerve probs and spasms with it and despise narcotics, gababpentin and muscle relaxers. I tried MM for pain and spasms and it works with micro dosing throughout the day.

Thank you guys so much! I look forward to learning from everyone.

Ok we can help but slow down. Start a grow journal. The thing is there are about 45 questions we have and we could read your journal and know what you need help on.

So let's see about your first round.

1. Pumice is not as commonly used but perlite is. The way you open up will make a bunch of people move on as they don't use pumice and now they don't get to the other ones.

It isnt about the type of aerator...it is about what is soil. Lots to know there. Entier books written on soil and what makes good plants. Many books. I will summarize a library of knowledge into you need 3 basic things. An aeration medium, an organic medium, minerals. You add some nature and a few things and magic happens...or you add fertilizers from a bottle on a schedule and magic happens but either way you need an aerator, organic medium for nutrients to absorb into and the little sumtin sumtin for soil. Again that is really oversimplifying it.

So in that soil mix you want about 1/3 aeration for cannabis.

2. I never used dust pumice. I have used pumice. I would imagine dust wouldn't mbe great. I would prefer it bigger as that is one of the points the point is to make big fluffy pillows in there.

The key with pumice is a good wash as it can be poorly sourced and impact pH.

3. You can add what you want to the grow on the side. Cannabis grows real fast. Most people spend most of the time in bloom on a 12 hour lights on. Plants that do well on there will do well. Most canabis is on veg 4 to 10 weeks and bloom 12 to 16 weeks. pick appropriate plants. I like insect repelling plants like basil.

Start a journal. Crawl before you walk. This is a journey not a race.

lol TY! I need an aerator to grow in soil? is is a soil grow, not hydroponic. I will start a journal when I get my tent up. Don't want to germinate the few seeds I have until I.m set up right

oh wait i understand Aeration. ie reason for pumice. I will send it back if it's dust. All big box garden depts remove all their grow stuff to make way for xmas.

Good for you. Just document what you are doing and post pics and when things go sideways... you can still ask here and point us there to a place with bread crumbs we can use.

Back
Top Bottom