New to hydroponics

rumplestiltskin

Hello so I’ve been growing weed the past year simple soil and water nutes etc

I’ve just purchased a simple bucket hydro setup, I’ve put water in etc and rockwool germinating the seeds. What do I do for nutes? I want something simple but have no idea from this point. Also do I have to add nutes and then PH the water and use up down to get it right?

How do I refill the water when it gets low? Just use normal water then re-ph?

Hey Rumplestiltskin,

Whats up? Haven‘t heard from you in a while - hope all is good. Do you have water pumps & air stones and were you looking at deep water culture?

Yes you need hydro style bottled nutes specifically an NPK plus a cal-mag product.... yes on adding nutes and then doing ph up or down. When it’s low I’m not sure but it may be just topped off with water or complete res change. I’m going to ask @Rexer to jump in here, but take his word over mine since I’m a novice at anything hydro

But yeah take a look at this Bluters place he’s running hempy grow or dutch buckets. On page 81 he answers some of my questions since I am just starting this method too, The difference between this and dwc is in hempy style you drill a hole 2 & 1/2 inches from bottom to create a small reservoir but also pay attention to what he says to me about the feed schedule. This may cost a little bit more since you gotta feed every day in flower but it’s a small res. He grows out monsters in 2 liter plastic trash cans from the dollar store.

anyway more people will jump in soon

I wasn’t trying to be short. Anything anybody tells you isn’t going to sink in until you have a grasp of what your diving into. Read 20 completed journals of the style you want to try. Read both successful and failure journals. Change your mind back/forth 50 times. Make a plan, a budget, and a contingency and dive in. Coco might be a good place to start. Its hydro without root problems.

Best of luck!

Awesome, alot of the knowledge will help, in the end its the same plant.

I’ve just purchased a simple bucket hydro setup, I’ve put water in etc and rockwool germinating the seeds.
sounds like your planning on doing a DWC setup. Many do this for their 1st hydro, theres ups and downs like any system. I'd suggest a reading over of @Tokin Roll Journal, he's doing a DWC, & has the patience of a Saint. That being said, don't ever be shy to tag me for help, use the @ infront of my name. Im not bothered and appreciate getting tags.
Thread 'Mars-Hydro DWC 1 Plant 4x4 Scrog' Mars-Hydro DWC 1 Plant 4x4 Scrog
What do I do for nutes? I want something simple but have no idea from this point
The cheapest and simplest is to do Mega Crop run, if you find hydro isn't your thing, it's still usable for soil. Just buy the one part if you opt for it.

tools needed for MC is a weight scale (digital always preferred). A PH tester (pens styles are cheap and handy). And a TDS pen (while it's not essential for mega crop, it'll help).

Also do I have to add nutes and then PH the water and use up down to get it right?

Yup, and there is an order to adding them into the water that is important to do. Let me/us know what you'll be using and we can let you know.

There's different methods for top ups, I personally keep a 4l bottle beside the res, and use a airstone to mix up a tiny batch then dump that in. Speaking of airstones...You'll need some and a pump for it if doing DWC.
Never add un-ph'd water (imo).

What are you using for water? Tap or reverse osmosis or well?

I’ve just purchased a simple bucket hydro setup, I’ve put water in etc and rockwool germinating the seeds. What do I do for nutes? I want something simple but have no idea from this point. Also do I have to add nutes and then PH the water and use up down to get it right?

I liked general hydroponics 3 part for dwc....

I liked general hydroponics 3 part for dwc....
Ive Never tried the three part, but ive run it as a two part (Micro and bloom). Makes it even easier and cheaper, works great with autos from my try and everything I've read.

Another General Hydroponics good one would be Maxibloom (this is a powdered one) or Flora Nova Bloom. A good read on it if you ever want to give it a try would be :
Post in thread 'Lucas Formula - Bloom nutes' Lucas Formula - Bloom nutes
I used that post to grow 4 autos in a flood and drain, got close to 300g if I remember correctly...

Back
Top Bottom