New to hydro, should i go with advanced nutrients? Whats your opinion?

been in soil for years man, i want to start doing large SoG grows and hydro is the only way to get the results i want. thanks for the info on dutch master tho, peace.

Yeah cool! I will never go back to hydro. Well I lie, I probably will for something to do. I started growing about 15 yrs ago briefly. Was using a soiless mix, which to me now, I think that is basically hydro. I have learned things over the years...so I could be wrong. I didn't have any good success back then...I was using a 1000 hps with no ventilation, then you know the rest :0) So a few years back I moved to North Carolina and there was a local hydro shop that I saw, had the extra cash, so I went crazy. Got everything to start growing hydroponically. I started with DWC, didn't know anything really about hydro so it's trail and error, and that it was. Didn't change the water as I should of. Well that grow ended in homicide due to lethal levels of salt build up. Ok, second time, still with DWC. I got to about week eight and until death do we part. I forget what happened there. Mean while I was experimenting with aeroponics by building my own cloner...and man oh day...don't do it. It's such a pain. Those nozzles constantly getting clogged. I mean, I have great results cloning my baby's in soil, with a heat mat. Screw that ex clone, well the ez clone looks nice but its Four bills. But man that's just a headache, aeroponics. So then my third grow I used. I don't know what its called. It was ebb and flow esque. Basically had the pumps with water tubes to my Girls. God the best results until I saw helicopter flying over my place. Just happened that day my lights were off due to maintenance and I was driving home and it was odd. I feel there are no coincidences, So that quick I had got rid o everything. I cried, literally. Just about two weeks to harvest. So I got the heck out of Dodge. I moved, is anyone even reading this? So I had all the equip for hydro but short on cash for the Nutes, so I decided to start in soil and save some money for the next grow to go hydro. The results I got with soil and the knowledge that I gained along the way is stupendous! Geeeze that was a good use of that word, don't use stupendous too often but that fit in there well!
I don't know what I been thinking that of late, but I been overlooking the ph level of water I am using. Don't know, just wasn't thinking about it. I am about ready to harvest tomorrow. My Girls aren't looking real rough, beautiful actually but you can tell by the crispy leaves and a little bit of a burnt look. I checked the ph yesterday and wow, it was so hi! I had to add forty drops of ph down to get it right. Anyone have any knowledge of reverse osmosis ?

I use Dutch Master Gold,add.27 and Cal. Mag @ 3/4 strength, best nutes I have use so far. Not to expensive and not as easy to burn your plants as other brands are. At least that is what i have found.

lol yo tommysnoboard im givin you rep for making me laugh my ass off hahah that story was too funny man... you saw a helicopter and got all paranoid and you were just runnin a 1000w hahah definitely dont think that shows up on the thermo scan :grinjoint: as far as the growing goes, i dont even know what hydroponics was like 15 years ago, but i do know there is a hell of a lot more information now and better technology and far better nutes design specificially for soiless to help avoid gnarly salt and pH issues like you had. also, im just using a flood table, no bs nozzles to get clogged or aeroponic misters to deal wit... so i really dont see it being somethin hard to maintain. i also assembled my own so other than $90 for a legit 4x4 flood tray, it was almost free, id never pay 400 for a cloning machine! haha wtf is that all about? such a scam... i clone in plugs in a dome like a normal person and can take a shit ton of cuttings (30-50) for about... $10 a batch? sswwwweeeeeeeeeeeeett.

later dude.

No bro...the Ghetto bird was 8 months ago...not 15 yrs... The first dayI saw it and it was the color of the local city polce, then the next day I saw one the color of the state sheriffs. Something happend the first morning that made me shut off my system, hence my lights were off then the very next day I saw a different copter over the same track over my place. It was odd for them to be on the tract they were flying., because the ocean is where they fly over and they weren't. The thermal imagers can totally pick up ONE 1000 w hid light. Especially that my condo was on the top floor. All the Ass holes (cops) need for a warrant is the presence of that thermal image. I have learned that there are no coincidences in life. And even if I was being a Paranoid Pete...better safe than sorry!! I get more paranoid when my plants are full of buds about ready to be harvested. Not paranoid when plants are vegging. It's like I don't want anything to happen to my girls vagina's. Oh my...I just invented that phrase. The plants are girls and the buds are their vagina's. I love (are we allowed to say) Pu$$y (on here)? Grow on!!

I use Dutch Master Gold,add.27 and Cal. Mag @ 3/4 strength, best nutes I have use so far. Not to expensive and not as easy to burn your plants as other brands are. At least that is what i have found.

Dutch Masters Gold has been terrific to me too. I've been using Dutch Masters Gold with MAX instead of add.27 --- have you (or anyone else who wants to weigh in) used MAX before, and is there a noticeable difference using add.27 instead? I still have the MAX from a previous grow, when add.27 wasn't out yet... wondering if I should make the switch to add.27?

Thanks for any input -

IMO there isnt a significant diffrence in ANY of the major nute lines out there. Start out with the base things and keep it simple. Too many supplements and lack of experience will kill your plants. work up from there.....

The best advise posted.

i use General Hydro's 3-part flora with the additives and i have to say that i like them the best.Ive used CANNA,dont like them..Plus the GH nutes are cheap..20 sumthin dollars for a gallon

I also use GH. I go by the Flora Nova "keep it simple" plan. Just follow the directions and your good, it even ph's the water for you. Always test ph though.

What I do like about AN is their support to the cannabis community. They don't hide anything about the fact that their products are made for cannabis. They also offer support to dispensaries and medical cannabis growers :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom