New to hydro, should i go with advanced nutrients? Whats your opinion?

THConnoisseur

Hey dudes! im gonna be startin up my first hydro grow in a few weeks, ebb & flow with 9 plants in individual pots, 4x4 flood table, and _________ nutes. hah thats really the last big piece i need to figure out before i start. ive been watching the "urban grower" website for years and you cant argue their results, advaced nutes seem to be the shit for monster nugs lol but they are very expensive, and as many say "overrated" and/or "sell-out" nutes... im not opposed to the expense, but is it WORTH IT? i know there are so many hydro nutes to choose from so id like to have some reviews before i commit to one. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?? im switching to hydro after 3 years of soil growing with the whole foxfarm line up, i have a bit of knowledge but im ready for a new experience :cheer:

thanks dudes!

From the research I have done, YES!! They seem to be everything they are made out to be. I have friends using them and they have had great results. I am using Botanicare myself, which is also a great line of nutes. I might try AN myself next grow!

I use a mix of Botanicare and Advanced nutes with bat guano, green fuse, and super thrive of course. It is what I call the "O.G mix" a master grower has developed over the last few years.. I use the AN Bud Blood and Overdrive.... Great results out standing.........

I use a mix of Botanicare and Advanced nutes with bat guano, green fuse, and super thrive of course. It is what I call the "O.G mix" a master grower has developed over the last few years.. I use the AN Bud Blood and Overdrive.... Great results out standing.........

Sounds interesting, can you PM me what all you use?

IMG_3689.JPG

Veg Nutes

IMO there isnt a significant diffrence in ANY of the major nute lines out there. Start out with the base things and keep it simple. Too many supplements and lack of experience will kill your plants. work up from there.....

right on dudes im stoked wit all the responses! Cream, +rep for postin pics and sharing some secrets ;) and PitViper, thanks again for simplifying things lol i really was just looking for a general response of "yes, advanced nutes arnt just overpriced and they do work well" because a buddy can hook me up on the AN line but seems like the few other "top-shelf" nute lines out there perhaps have just as much to offer?

ALRIGHT, since thats out of way, what macro veg nutes would you guys recommend i try out first, grow/micro/bloom or sensi 2part? any real difference between the two? please share any suggestions or experiences you may have had!!

Less is better to start. Learn the basics and then gradually experiment if you want. I do like the 2 part Sensi's myself as they are easy to use, but all the brands make good nutes.

I started with Advanced Nutrients, but I've switched to Dutch Masters Gold. The Dutch Masters Gold line is as simple as it gets, and provides great results. It's also a lot cheaper than Advance Nutrients.

Many people have had great results with Advanced, but I think there are cheaper and possibly better alternatives. For me, I like the Dutch Masters Gold, but it's really personal preference and finding what works for you - if you are just starting I would recommend sparing yourself the expense of Advanced Nutrients (unless you can get a really great deal on it).

Good luck! :peace:

xlr8 i like the input dude, thanks for the recommendation, i know ive also heard great things about dutch masters nutes, humboldt nutes, AND even general hydroponics. it always comes down to how theyre used and timing and growers experience etc etc BUT im definitely stoked to hear AN isnt the beginning and end of all hydroponic nutes, i may look into dutch masters more online considering your input and check feeding schedules and whatnot compared to AN. simplicity is key, thanks again dude!

Nice discussion here. And nutes are a hot topic on all the boards, so it's hard to read any forum without stumbling into a thread about em. Thankfully, this one is actually calm and civil. LOL

For my money? I really like Advanced Nutrients, but I'm out of money right now, so I have to wait things out for a while.

And I do thinks there's a lot to be said, though that all nutes are good, so long as you use em right and you have a grow room that is clean, not too hot, and not too damp.:nicethread:

Really, that's it - IMO

Personally, hydro growers are going to do great with AN. ANd no matter what anyone says, it's really not that hard to use. People look at the calculator and ASS-UME they need to use all of the products. Um, no. Just use a base nutrients and a few fun things and you're set. That's the basic setup and it does work.

Good luck to you, seems you're on the right track. :smokin:

greendude thanks for props on the thread! and couldnt agree more, theres definitely no need to get confrontational over fuckin chemicals in a bottle! lol my posts will always be calm and civil, how could they not wit all the kush i blaze!? :grinjoint: ive been using the FF line for years in soil (3 mac nutes + the 3 solubles) and basically followed their feeding chart spot on and ive grown some strait fire, so i also agree wit just needing a solid macro nute base and only few other additives to achieve what you want.

heres what i have in mind for "categories" of nutes, doesnt matter what brand, PLEASE FILL IN THE BLANKS WIT YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS!!

1. Macro Nutes (2part or 3part, i dont care)

2. Veg Additive

3. Early Flower Additive

4. Late Flower Additive

5. Do i need something like FINAL PHASE for flush week? what do you guys do? THANKS AGAIN DUDES!! :grinjoint:

i was wondering if any of you have any advice for me on this . i have 3 white widows in thier last few weeks of veg and have been using fish emulshion with good results . i am trying to prepare for good blooming i have a similar product to budblood and i have AN'S big bud,i will also get overdrive here soon too. my ? is what other nutes should i get to help the rest of my plants life . or nutes equive to AN products? for instabce voodoo juice or tarantula, senzizyme things like that. thanx

I've been a big fan of Advanced Nutrients ever since the first grow I tried them.

I would say if you're thinking about trying them you should start simple. Get a base nute, like the Sensi 2-part and some Big Bud. Easy on the budget that way, and you can add more to that down the road when you want.

Back
Top Bottom