DIY DWC Deep Water Culture. First Hydro Grow.

Labrat: i hear ya man, i plan on doing pretty much exactly what you are, thanks for the idea of the bigger tub for flowering. do you use distilled water?

ok, but heres what i dont get, in my bible it shows that cutaway of a DWC ^ no feed tube right. but in the description it says to have a drip tube. my guess is for when its to small to reach the water, but it doesnt say. and in the cutaway of the top feed, has the pump and feed tube, along with the airstone, so it basically contradicts itself. but idk, i plan on doing it with no feed tubes, and having a veg and a flower set up, with a spare tub for both probably.

Yepper. I have a Polar Bear Water distiller or I buy RO water. They're about the same price after calculating the cost of electricity.

No drip tube required tho I have seen systems that use the air pump to bubble the nutes up a tube that drips into the top of the pot. When the plants are first put in the pot keep the level right at the bottom of the pot. As the roots grow into the water allow the level to drop to about 2" below the bottom of the pot. The little bubbles pop when they hit the surface and keep everything nice and moist. If the little plants aren't getting enough water at first I use a 60cc syringe to suck up some nutes and squirt it into the pot around the plant once or twice a day for the first couple of days. That's usually long enough to get a couple of roots hanging down in the water then you're good to go.

hay weed, i was havin a look on your journal and saw weve got the same bible lololol. hope your grow goes well n ill be back coz i might go hydro sometime :ganjamon:

I dont have your book but I have grown using a few different ways and Deep Water Culture seems to be the way to go at least in my experiance
I have found that you use a water pump and tubes fo the beginning and when the roots reach the water the tubes are not nessessary anymore
also when using tubes the flow should be a steady drip drip drip not a solid flow and stop using them when the roots hit the water
I change the water in the resivoir once every week
when the level drops just add water
hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom