New to indoor How many cfl's for seedlings ?

Grow nh

OK as title stated I am new to indoor growing. I have gone with CFL's for lights, I have made up a hanging fixture that can hold 8 bulbs. Right now I have 23w 1600 lum. 5600k
I am thinking all 8 is going to be to much for my seedling. I would gladly accept any comments and help from your experience's

Thanks in advance. :passitleft:

image-201.jpeg

You could grow seedlings using 1,000 CFL's just fine. If the distance was right. :) Putting 8 bulbs on top of them may be too much. But the dimishing penetration of CFL's is so significant that 1 inch makes a ton of difference.

I would start the bulbs about a foot or so away and see how they respond. if growth is stretchy, ove them closer. If they cowar or roll the edge of leaves, move them farther away. :)
Hope that helps!

Thanks Spimp
I have been reading as much as possible about CFL's and was reading about people keeping them 1-2 inches away. Thought it just might be a little close for
the young one's
Anyway I have them about 4-6 inches now and they seem to be doing good.

Ya 6 inches seems decent but I have burned a cola from cfl's in my last journey so err on 2-3 inches further than you think. I have 10 26w running and I am at like 8" with my rig.
I like your lighting rig. Can you position each light indepentetly? If so that is sweet!

Yes I can move them.
Started with a plan then changed it once I got to Lowes, ended up with metal double switch box with cover- 4 small flood light sockets (on sale 2.50ea) then added Y's . They seem to work out , have them hanging with a rope so easy to move.

I did have them closer for a while, but just looked like the plants where not happy. I moved lights up now see how it looks over the next few day's

:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom