New to medicinal marijuana and it's going great!

northwest

Hello. I am new to this forum and new to using marijuana for pain. I had been afraid to get started but wanted to get off Hydrocodone-while it did help the pain it felt "wrong" in my body and I had a lot of bad side effects. I am familiar with using other herbs (dandelion, feverfew, valerian, hops) and cannabis seemed a more natural solution. I am now off Hydrocodone! The thing about Hydrocodone for me was it made me feel detached from my body's real needs. While using marijuana I am kinder to my body and more aware of its needs, like stretching and rest.

I live in Washington. We have medical marijuana here. I have a documented medical condition that would qualify me to use it legally if I had a doctor's reccomendation. I was going to wait until I had all the legalities taken care of, but when I talked to my doctor about wanting to get off hydrocodone and trying medical marijuana, he was not cooperative. So I decided to try it first. I thought if it didn't work I wouldn't waste my time. But it did and I am now using it as a tincture combined with dried chamomile and feverfew. I will try to post a recipe for my tincture soon. Feverfew is also used for pain and Chamomile is a calming herb -so the combo is great for night time.

I am frustrated by the situation with my physician but I do not plan to quit using this. Until I get a doctor's reccomendation I will refrain from growing & keep only less than an ounce on hand. I am extremely paranoid about getting caught and ending up in jail - my life is good here. There is a mandadory minimum sentence of 1 day in jail for possesion of an ounce or less, and up to 30 days. But cultivating can get you up to 10 years or more. Maybe it's not likely but I am not willing to take that chance anyway. I have kids, family and a garden needing my attention!

I am new member here but I have visited a lot in the past few months and the information I have found has been very helpful.
Ann
:peace:

High Ann

welcome to 420 Magazine :welcome:

We respect your caution. The benefits of cannabis are real.

We have many tincture recipes and threads here. Enjoy your exploration of the site

Hello, thanks for sharing your story. Wishing you the best of luck in finding a MMJ-friendly doctor who is actually interested in helping you. Your current doctor seems to have other ideas?

WELCOME!!!!!!.....I feel you'r pain as far as the "piil" side of medicatng....they had me on those loritab, and OC pills, I would feel like crap, but smoke a fatty of some good meds. and pain all bye bye........you are in good company here and I myself am glad to have you.....get on that "pain friendly" doctor, it will be a good thing......PEACE

Welcome Northwest!
I too live here in the greater Seattle area and am a Medical marijuana user (Licensed).
I know of a friendly clinic in the Bellevue area that will take care of your licensing needs for you if you meet the criteria!
They are very professional and discreet, the whole process took about 3 weeks with me holding it up more than once due to misunderstanding.
I would be MORE than happy to point you in there direction as I feel the more of us doing this responsibly and legally there are the better off we are.
All you will need is your medical records from your not so friendly doctor and your on your way!! :cheer:
I will keep an eye on this thread or feel free to private message me and I can share the info!
Dont worry we will get you the relief your looking for!:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom