New wannabe grower

mumps

hi guys,
joined the forum for the 420 promos, just started growing kind of seriously, last experience i had was out in the wild about 15 years ago...they turned out good but the summer weather here is really nice so i guess that's much simplier than growing in a tent.
right now i have 5 autos (went with the autos because they seemed to be easier to grow but if i've found this forum earlier i would have started with a normal one) on the 15th day of grow
really nice forum, thanks in advance for all the things i will learn.
hope to keep posting here for a long time, cheers!

hi guys,
joined the forum for the 420 promos, just started growing kind of seriously, last experience i had was out in the wild about 15 years ago...they turned out good but the summer weather here is really nice so i guess that's much simplier than growing in a tent.
right now i have 5 autos (went with the autos because they seemed to be easier to grow but if i've found this forum earlier i would have started with a normal one) on the 15th day of grow
really nice forum, thanks in advance for all the things i will learn.
hope to keep posting here for a long time, cheers!
I hear alot of good things with autos on here. One dude I follow says his biggest single Bud was from an auto. I see a lot of folks turning to them recently. Have you started a grow journal?

I actually like the idea of going straight in to the final pot, vs. having to transplant 2 times with a photo, but in organics, transplanting into new soil built more for flowering is a good thing. Not having to worry about “flipping” too would be cool. With photos, you either have to have two rooms, or can only run one group at a time.

They both have their +/- about, same with each grow style.
What medium and nutes are you using?

hi
biobizz all mix with zeolite i added (it is good for many other plants, i tried with this too) and some of the biobizz nutes, found them on amazon and didnt search no more..still didnt give anything to the plants..it says to start on the second vegetative week and i think i will start with the next water in 2/3 days
anyway i think i will leave one plant without nutes just to see what happens
i went straight to the final pot, 3 gallons fabric pot but since i've used just a 50L bag of soil the pots are a bit too empty, i would like to "trasplant" them to fill the 2 liter missing but i am scared to damage them...what do you think?
no, i didnt start a grow journal..

you can do it!!!! focus on your seeds, soil, mars hydro light, air exchange, tent. nutrients and all the different methods and brands can be very overwhelming and honestly, me not knowing how to use nutrients ruined my first couple of harvests.

on my grow that i'm flowereing right now I planted the germinated seeds in 5 gallon pots of happy frog soil and didn't give them any nutes just plain water until like week 5 of flower. I vegged them for 4 weeks before switching them to 12/12 so it was 9 weeks before I gave them any bottled nutrients. overwatering and over feeding are what to watch out for as a beginner grower. good luck!!

hello and thanks
so...can you veg a "normal" plant for the same time than an "auto" plant and then switch to flower?
the only difference then is the flower time which is shorter for the autos and maybe 2/3 weeks longer for the "photos" if i understand correctly...
i'm controlling humidity and temperature and i got a little fan..humidity is around 65/70% and temeprature is about 22 celsius...i give the plants 22 hour of light and two of dark, i found out that when i went to turn on the light again the plants were wet...there were drops on the leafs...i guess it is the light that is too warm and "attracts" water so tomorrow i'll try to take it out and see if things change.
i've read a few things about nutes but is confusing for a beginner, i know plants a bit since i studied biology and i like "organic" stuff so i'd love to grow with just water..
i was reading the first post of the PH thread suggested by @AdaminCO and i think the guy is right...til now i did adjust the ph of the water without thinking about it but i think i will stop.
here is ph 7.3 which is pretty good i guess..and i live in the countryside so i don't have the "clorine" problem...

The difference between autos and photos is autos will go into flowering automatically regardless of the light schedule. You can grow autos through the entire lifecycle under 18 hours or even more of light. At the same time you can veg your photoperiods. I have to photos that vegged through 2 auto runs.

You could switch to 12 hours of light when your auto starts flowering so the photo flowers at the same time but your autos yield will be reduced

Back
Top Bottom