Newbie hack

pbechard

I am just finishing up my second run and I am going to take a break as supposedly my roommate heard people "be talking" :). My grow area was 4x8', black/poly, 400MH, 430HPS, dirt, some out door clones, about 4 females from mixed seeds pack and Atomic NL from the Vancouver seed bank.
The first run produced good smoke, and I like having variety of stains. I got roughly 9 ounces off a 4x4' area with the HPS. I grew 10 plants in roughly 1 gallon pots. I think I over fertilized and removed too many fan leaves-too early. But all who smoked it, liked it, Lol!
The second run I just cloned the NL and grew 4 plants in 5 gallon pails with pro-mix soil. I also experiemented using the MH for budding, whereas the first run I had two 4x4 areas one, obviously, for Veg and the other for flowering. I switched the plants under the other light bi-weekly. Seems obvious, however the plants under the HPS always seemed to be doing better during 12/12 light. I let the grow room get too cold during the end of October/early November. And I wonder if I should have removed more leaves during flowering, logic being allowing light to penetrate the plant fuller. However, it could just be genetics but I noticed this grow I have surprisingly big buds on the lower portion of the plant.
It was fun while it lasted, I got to see for myself the interesting process of growing pot. Maybe some day if find myself single late in life, or find a chick cool with it, I will venture back.
To say I didn't grow for the money is not all true in that the cost savings is considerable, and there is that friend, who is a family guy also; whom you sell quarter bags to and in some rewarding way, he appreciates it.
My advice to someone considering to grow, is to respect the law enough to do your best, to conceal it. Don't think growing is going to make you rich, haste will likely end with you not trying to conceal it the best you could have. If you get paranoid on bud, go to sleep, do not destroy your garden, lol. Enjoy.

Hi pbechard.

Welcome to :420:.

Sorry to hear you need to give up growing as I find it addictively fun.

I certainly agree with the need for stealth though and applaud that your doing the right thing, instead of the easy thing of thinking that rumors won't cause any problems. It is my sincere hope and belief that within the next few to 10 yrs. we will be rid of the ridiculous laws that restrict cannabis cultivation and use. Perhaps we will even begin to see it in the flower bed or garden of that "lady or dude down the street" (everyone knows one) that always has the best roses or tomatoes!

Anyway, glad to have you join the community and again welcome to 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom