Newbie here

pkdane

420 Member
I am a new grower. I am on my second attempt. I have an indoor 2x2 grow room with a nice grow light. I have an issue with my grand daddy purp auto flowering plant. No buds and it's been 4 months. Not a male plant, I do know how to tell the dif. I recently moved it out of the grow room about 4 days ago as the top was being burned by the light. It is currently on my screened in patio. I move it to the sun during the day and then back on the patio at night. Still waiting and hoping that having it out of doors will force flowering. I have bought the gauges to test the PH, moisture, etc., and I am good on all of that. I fought off a horrible black fungus fly infestation which is what I believe killed my first attempt. The temps in my house are 78 to 80. I thought the heat on the patio might help it flower. Any suggestions would be helpful because from everything I have read it should have flowered 2 months ago. I have attached a photo. You can see the areas where the light burned it and it now has new growth.

IMG_20220805_141626883.jpg

No they do not.

Doing some quick reading, I see that I was wrong. Though this same reading told me that anything over eighteen hours of light isn't productive. Many consider it a waste of electricity.

Oh yes they do, otherwise they stress and don't grow properly, same as any other plant, they have a natural cycle
Even Frankenstein needs to sleep sometimes ;)
Cannabis can absorb carbon dioxide during photo synthesis in fact making it a C3 plant. Ruderalis as well can grow in a 24 hour light cycle. I personally grow autos on a 24 hour light cycle and have been doing it for years. To say the plant requires 6 hours of darkness is not true and an opinion.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @pkdane

I agree that she may not be an auto like you thought, which is still cool.
Since it is not an auto, you will need to have somewhere around 12 hours of darkness to induce flowering.

Here are some helpful links to help you navigate the forum,

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Welcome to the 420 Magazine community forums! Our website is dedicated to spreading Cannabis and Hemp awareness throughout the world. We are a mature, friendly community that appreciates your participation. To get started, we encourage you to visit our Introduce Yourself - 420 Magazine forum...
www.420magazine.com

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest and win free grow stuff form our sponsors.

420 Contests

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

I am a new grower. I am on my second attempt. I have an indoor 2x2 grow room with a nice grow light. I have an issue with my grand daddy purp auto flowering plant. No buds and it's been 4 months. Not a male plant, I do know how to tell the dif. I recently moved it out of the grow room about 4 days ago as the top was being burned by the light. It is currently on my screened in patio. I move it to the sun during the day and then back on the patio at night. Still waiting and hoping that having it out of doors will force flowering. I have bought the gauges to test the PH, moisture, etc., and I am good on all of that. I fought off a horrible black fungus fly infestation which is what I believe killed my first attempt. The temps in my house are 78 to 80. I thought the heat on the patio might help it flower. Any suggestions would be helpful because from everything I have read it should have flowered 2 months ago. I have attached a photo. You can see the areas where the light burned it and it now has new growth.

IMG_20220805_141626883.jpg
Mistakes are made, seeds get mixed up and mislabeled.
You either have the slowest auto going or it's a photo.
Leave it outside and this time of year she will go into flower on her own.
I assume your in the USA.
She needs receding daylight outside to flower or 12 hrs of uninterrupted darkness a day for 2 months inside.
But she will double in size so she could outgrow your tent.
Ok welcome to 420Magazine my friend, hope your enjoying your weekend. :ciao:
If there is anything you need a hand with here let me know.
I'm always around.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Okay. Well good to know. Will go purchase a timer so I don't have to think about. Thank you for your help. Will let you know if I see evidence of buds.
I have buds! They showed up after I put the plant outside in about 10 days. Ha! So happy. I still have the Kryptonite in the indoor cube. The timer came, but can't get it to work. Will go buy one in town at the hardware store. Thank you for all of your help, things are going swimmingly right now.

I have buds! They showed up after I put the plant outside in about 10 days. Ha! So happy. I still have the Kryptonite in the indoor cube. The timer came, but can't get it to work. Will go buy one in town at the hardware store. Thank you for all of your help, things are going swimmingly right now.
I'm so happy it's going well my friend.
That's what we all strive for.
Mine are just showing a whisper of pistils.
So I'll be a week or two behind you.
Put up a pic if you get time.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom