Newbie - How big should my plants be at this point?

djbigshot

Hi guys,
I'm trying to determine if I'm experience slow growth with my 2 plants. I planted them in Ocean Forest & they are jack horror auto's from nirvana. One plant which i call Clinton is 13 days old and is about 3.5" to 4 inches tall and has two sets of leaves. the 2nd is about 2.5"-3 tall & is 8 days old since sprouting and also has to sets of leaves actually this plant is catching up-to clinton fairly quickly. I just feel that Clinton should be further along then what it is at 2 weeks old I'm wondering if I somehow stunted her growth.both under HPS 400 since the start. When they first sprouted I kept the seedlings under the HPS about 3 ft away for like the first 10 days of their lives for fear of the heat being to intense maybe this was my error? I have since yesterday dropped the light about 10 inches from the plants and they seem to be ok with it. Just think they should be bigger damn it! lol. Am i just being impatient or well within reason? Help please thanks in advance guys!

Soil: FFOF
Container Size: 3 gallon
plants:jack horror auto's
light: 400w HPS

Temperature in the room for the 1st 12 days a consistent 70 degrees - currently after dropping the light 10 inches away 85 degrees with light on 68 with light off.

Re: **NEWBIE** How big should my plants be at this point?

Yeah man I can hear you, I also like them 12 feet tall :lot-o-toke:

Those are the pics of the ladies what do you think? And by the way why do you think those set off leaves are pointing down? this morning they where up reaching for the light now pointing down with a bit of a curl. The heat was about 85 at the time of the pic and the plants soil is nice and moist. Thanks :Namaste:

Obama22.jpg
Obama6.jpg
Clinton2.jpg
Clinton.jpg

Haha I don't necessarily want them that big just want to make sure they are on track and I didn't some how stunt them.

They look fine to me for 13 days old if they're not yellow.

The most common cause of leaves curling down will be heat, too much light, or overwatering.

And overwatering is usually the most common of those 3. Make sure that you wait until the top of the soil is TOTALLY DRY. Then wait a few more days. Lift the pots, when they feel light, then it's time to water.

And ditch the HPS bulb for now and replace it with a MH bulb. MH is used for Veg, and HPS is used for flower.

Thanks antics question does it matter the make of the MH bulb because I see a big price swing in bulbs. Mind you i'm only growing 2-3 plants at a time. And any suggestions on when I should start giving my plant nutes? Being that they are auto's in Ocean forest at the time and they are now approaching their 3 week. its my understanding that if your plant is in OF you don't have to give nutes for 30 days and truth to that? Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

The most common cause of leaves curling down will be heat, too much light, or overwatering.

And overwatering is usually the most common of those 3. Make sure that you wait until the top of the soil is TOTALLY DRY. Then wait a few more days. Lift the pots, when they feel light, then it's time to water.

And ditch the HPS bulb for now and replace it with a MH bulb. MH is used for Veg, and HPS is used for flower.

I don't grow with MH personally, but I would imagine they're like any other product, from light bulbs in your house, to cars people drive. Light bulbs in your house all light up, and cars all drive. The difference comes down to quality of materials during the manufacturing process, as well as the name brand itself.

Less known brands can often be as good as, or better than name brand products, but without a reputation, they charge less for their product (Economics law of supply v demand). So a BMW and a Kia both drive, and do what you want them to do, the difference in price comes from quality, and brand reputation.

2-3 plants at a time is perfect for personal use IMO. And depending on yields, you might even be able to just grow 1.

I start nutes when my plant is usually 2-4 weeks old, and has 2-3 sets of adult leaves.
Being in FFOF, I would wait an additional 1-2 weeks. If you see deficiencies appear, and your PH is good, obviously start the nutes then, as you have a hungry girl. This range falls right in line with the 30 days that you heard. But strains can vary, one might want nutes at week 3, and one might not need any nutes until week 5.

If you start nutes, and see nute burn, dilute the nutes, or stop them a little longer.

Every pheno and strain behaves and reacts a little differently, so there's no defines set of rules to properly care for Cannabis. As growers, we have to pay close attention to the plant, and when she shows us that she needs something, we have to provide it.

Those are the pics of the ladies what do you think? And by the way why do you think those set off leaves are pointing down? this morning they where up reaching for the light now pointing down with a bit of a curl. The heat was about 85 at the time of the pic and the plants soil is nice and moist. Thanks :Namaste:

Obama22.jpg
Obama6.jpg
Clinton2.jpg
Clinton.jpg

Mine looked worse than that at 14 days but kept going and at 7 weeks am running out of room in my small tent-42"wide, 48" high- and 16" deep. Just keep growing til they die or live, lol.

Back
Top Bottom