Newbie needs advice with setup of 10' x 10' growroom

Thanks for the info! What percentage would you suggest the mixture of base to super soil for the little babies?

I was told just to use base in the 1 gal's, And use a 1/3rd of super soil on the bottom in the new container (5 gal in my case) and fill the rest of the container with base. And if the lady's look to light green then just put a little Super soil on top and water.. But this is what I was told. I am in no way a pro with this soil, Soo maybe someone else can chime in on this also. Hope this helps some.

:welcome:how much are you willing to pay for electricity? Nobody gets 10 pounds on a first run. Using 6/ 1000 watt HID bulbs & running an Air Conditioner, expect your power bill to approach $800 if your power cost what we pay. You chose the best site for a successful first grow! Good luck!:Namaste:

:welcome:how much are you willing to pay for electricity? Nobody gets 10 pounds on a first run. Using 6/ 1000 watt HID bulbs & running an Air Conditioner, expect your power bill to approach $800 if your power cost what we pay. You chose the best site for a successful first grow! Good luck!:Namaste:

Oh, a challenge! I like it. $800+ is fine for electricity and what I would expect.

How long do you keep plants in veg? I understand they will triple in size during flowering, so they shouldn't get larger than 20 inches. Then they will be 60 inches at end of flowering, and there's a one foot pot so that's nearing the ceiling. That shouldn't take 40 days of vegging should it? I can buy teen clones that are 18inches tall. Could these go straight into flowering? There would save me a month.

Okay, so at the end of this we have our nugs. And we can sell any excess clones we get. But what of the 42 big bushes we will have? There's still THC in the rest of the plant and we will have a lot of plant. Is there some value in the leaves, etc such that is possible to sell off? I guess I'm wondering what else can we extract value from out of the crop? Seeds?

I guess I answered my own question through research. I can make hash oil with the rest of the plant. Anyone got any idea how much hash oil can be made from one full size plant? Then I can calculate how much hash I'll get out of my crop.

Dude! Your going into it with too high expectations. Find a place and just do it. If you have ZERO experiance, yur not going to hit "The Big Dirty" your first time around, or who knows, you might. you need to get experianced. Grows take time,patiance,understanding & more time. Not trying to discourage you, you just don't have the hands on and way high standards/expectations. Good luck, keeps us updated, I'm curious how this turns out.

Dude! Your going into it with too high expectations. Find a place and just do it. If you have ZERO experiance, yur not going to hit "The Big Dirty" your first time around, or who knows, you might. you need to get experianced. Grows take time,patiance,understanding & more time. Not trying to discourage you, you just don't have the hands on and way high standards/expectations. Good luck, keeps us updated, I'm curious how this turns out.

No doubt you are right to a degree. My expectations are too high, but if I don't have goals I don't think I'll get anywhere. If I reach even a third of my goal, I will be able to keep going for more grows.

I know nothing replaces experience, but I'm reading everything I can get my hands on, talking to everyone with knowledge. I'm reading Ed Rosenthal Grower's Guide right now. And my girlfriend is smarter than me, so I expect things to go well.

I'll start a grow journal thread out of this if people are interested.

Back
Top Bottom