Newbie needs help!

devldog2005

Hey guys, I just got my recommendation like two days ago from medicann. Go me!

Anyway, I live in the bay area in CA. What are some good dispensaries in this area? I looked around a little online and found some brief postings about a state issued card that most of them require you have. Is the recommendation not enough to get in?

I know this is a lot, but I've found that this site is my best resource!

To break it down here are my questions:
1) What are some good dispensaries and where are they?
2) Do I need a separate state issued card to get into them?
3) Anyone else use medicann, what are some places that accept you?

Any other small but important information is also welcome, as I said I am completely new to this!

Thanks for the help everyone!:thanks:

If I broke any guidelines then I'm sorry!

Hey guys, I just got my recommendation like two days ago from medicann. Go me!

Anyway, I live in the bay area in CA. What are some good dispensaries in this area? I looked around a little online and found some brief postings about a state issued card that most of them require you have. Is the recommendation not enough to get in?

I know this is a lot, but I've found that this site is my best resource!

To break it down here are my questions:
1) What are some good dispensaries and where are they?
2) Do I need a separate state issued card to get into them?
3) Anyone else use medicann, what are some places that accept you?

Any other small but important information is also welcome, as I said I am completely new to this!

Thanks for the help everyone!:thanks:

If I broke any guidelines then I'm sorry!

Most all dispensaries will let you become a member as long as they can verify your recommendation. I find that this is one of the reasons the State card or OCBC card are useful. These cards provide instant verification. Since Medicann has their own card, and 24/7 verification, you shouldn't have a problem. For the four years I've had my Medicann recommendation I have also gone ahead and signed up for the State card. Some will advise you against it as people are paranoid that you will be put into a government database. This may be true, but I doubt the government cares about the individual tax paying patient.

As far as local dispensaries, there are quite a few. Where do you live or work? I tend to go to S.F. for my meds lately as their prices and quality are better. Santa Cruz has two dispensaries about a couple blocks from one another. I like Greenway for their edibles, and their "Gold" lids (top shelf). The other coop is very good for organically grown herb. Both are more expensive than what you can find in S.F.

In S.F., I like Divinity Tree, Hopenet, and Patient Place. All weigh the buds, rather than prepackaging them in 1/8s like Santa Cruz. I've not had a bad batch from DT, and it is my current favorite.

I want to try the Purple Elephant in Alameda and Harborside in Oakland, but it is a long drive from my home. S.F. is closer for me.

There is a couple dispensaries that recently opened in Redwood City, but I have not had a chance to visit them.

I would suggest buying only a gram or half an 1/8 until you find what strains work best for you. I have gone through about 75 to 85 strains over the past few years. About 10 percent really stand out, and I tend to look for these.

In my opinion the best dispensaries are the ones that are the easiest to find. Literally Google mmj dispensaries in your area code and see what pops up. A well run establishment makes no attempts to hide.

When you go, spark up a conversation, build on that and people will slowly share the who, what, and where.

The card is an added convenience but not necessary. The official paper work from your Doc and your CA Id are all you really need.

I'm not familiar with medicann but I've never had any trouble getting into anywhere.

Semper Fidelis little buddy!

Back
Top Bottom