Newby from Washington

hoffa1384

High to all, I'm a recent MMJ patient in the state of Washington and want to get a small indoor grow started soon, I've actually got some White Widow Clones coming next week sometime, and hope to have my Grow box finished by then. I have a long way to go, and a short budget to get there, but have the fixtures and floresent bulbs to get them rooted and started, but need advise on whether the HID lights are the best way to go, or whether the much cheaper 400+ watt LEDs, work as well. I'm happy I've found a community of like minded people from which to hopefully help me learn the art of Indoor growing, I grew outdoors many, many moons ago and enjoyed the whole process. I'm rambling a bit so I guess I should just say Howdy , and hope to figure out which lights to buy and go from there. :smokin:

High to all, I'm a recent MMJ patient in the state of Washington and want to get a small indoor grow started soon, I've actually got some White Widow Clones coming next week sometime, and hope to have my Grow box finished by then. I have a long way to go, and a short budget to get there, but have the fixtures and floresent bulbs to get them rooted and started, but need advise on whether the HID lights are the best way to go, or whether the much cheaper 400+ watt LEDs, work as well. I'm happy I've found a community of like minded people from which to hopefully help me learn the art of Indoor growing, I grew outdoors many, many moons ago and enjoyed the whole process. I'm rambling a bit so I guess I should just say Howdy , and hope to figure out which lights to buy and go from there. :smokin:

Are you building the box yourself, or are you purchasing something and modifying it? I'm starting from the same point, and i'm going with a purchase/modify box as if I tried to build it myself i'd probably end up with a hammer in my eye. ;)

Got the same questions about the lights....hope someone answers for you (and me).

High,

Welcome to 420 Magazine :welcome:

The conventional approach I've seen here is CFL or Metal Halide for vegging and HPS for flowering.

There's a lot of discussion about the merits of LED. You should check out Be Irie's LED journal Viva Las Vegas! Procyon 100 LED Grow Test, and this thread LED vs. HPS. You might want to consider keeping it simple for your first time out

Thanks for the responses, The Box is all done and the clones are rooting as we speak, and taking Sonic's advise I'm going to keep it simple for now, get a couple of grows out of the way and then experiment some...maybe. Just depends on how it goes, I guess. If it ain't broke, I ain't gonna try and fix it. I'm happy I found 420, it's a virtual treasure trove of good people and information. Pics to follow later. Thanks again all.

hello im weedpipe, im also a new member. :welcome: ill let u know right now uve come to the right place;) i needed help with seeds and less than 1 hour all my questions were answered and my problems solved. good luck with ur project and im sure u will find the answers to all ur growing needs:peace:

Back
Top Bottom