JDK

420 Member
I'm JDK, live in Texas and doing everything I can to promote legalization. We just now got one place in Austin for Medial Marijuana . I grew it years ago in Washington state in a bedroom. Back then I didn't have a light I just used aluminum foil around the walls and had my plants with a led light in there. It was good enough to smoke so I didn't care lol. Now I'm going to grow my own in Tx. It's risky but I'm growing small and live in the country. I'll grow indoors. Does anyone know if one of those vegetable grow light system from Amazon would work for a couple plants? I thought I'd purchase one of those and try it in my closet. Any help is greatly appreciated. I look forward to reading all the forums. I just made a order of some easy growing weed seeds. Not in a big hurry but getting my stuff together. Thank you again, JDK

Hello JDK and welcome to 420!
I’m guessing that you’re talking about the aerogarden style plant growing kits? While these may work there is far more economical options. Their smallest kit is $100 (canadian$) and only puts out 20 Watts. This would likely only give you a few grams as the LEDs do not have much penetration into the canopy. Plus you’re limiting your height depending on the kit you buy. Take some time and look around. I just started using the Mars Eco 49 (a 420 mag sponsor) in my smaller tent and I’m pleased with results. It puts out 100w and costs $100 Can. Just add a few plastic pots and you’re way ahead of the pre assembled gardens. Like I said there are many options, take your time and find what works best for you.
We are a friendly group here that loves to learn and share. So ask away and share your knowledge so we can all get better
:welcome:

I'm JDK, live in Texas and doing everything I can to promote legalization. We just now got one place in Austin for Medial Marijuana . I grew it years ago in Washington state in a bedroom. Back then I didn't have a light I just used aluminum foil around the walls and had my plants with a led light in there. It was good enough to smoke so I didn't care lol. Now I'm going to grow my own in Tx. It's risky but I'm growing small and live in the country. I'll grow indoors. Does anyone know if one of those vegetable grow light system from Amazon would work for a couple plants? I thought I'd purchase one of those and try it in my closet. Any help is greatly appreciated. I look forward to reading all the forums. I just made a order of some easy growing weed seeds. Not in a big hurry but getting my stuff together. Thank you again, JDK

I see @Widowsnest has already welcomed you, but I thought I would add a few things.

If you are researching equipment, and what way you are going to grow.....check out some journals. Ask questions and read....that will help you decide how far you want to take your equipment.

The growers are very open to questions and will answer any questions you have.

I hope you stick around and participate.....soon you will be part of the group...

Welcome! I am glad you got some good seeds and not the Tex/mex brick weed seeds.
One of my smaller leds is a mars 300. I picked up my first one one eBay and it was used. I think I paid 30-40 bucks. It is a great light to veg your girls and it will do a fine job on one plant.
If you are going to keep them indoors, make sure you get a good carbon filter and fan.
Like the other guys said, read through some of the grow journals. You can search specific to the strains you are growing and see what others have learned from.

Back
Top Bottom