Nitrogen toxicity in flowering

If I remember correctly, a flushing agent is for binding to the ions to make them easier to pull from soil. Coco doesn't really retain ions which is why it's watered so often.

They don't to be through the net, so can't you just remove it and flush them in the bathtub?

If not, a wet-dry vacuum is your friend for runoff!
I have only shower at my flat :p Can i use tap water for flushing ? it has much higher ph then it should be ... Or can i set the ph later with weak nute mix?

You can use tap water and then add the corrected pH water with the new nutes, as long as you get some runoff with that. Coco should always be watered to runoff generally.
I was always watering to get 25-30% runoff. Im super surprised that it turned that way that i have so much salt in coco. Do you think that i can save them? Or it would be better to just start again from begining ? They were so pretty my heart is broken, but i dont want to fight for nothing. :( Im afraid that i will have almost nothing from them and quality will be awfull :(

Like others have said, I don't think they look too bad at all. Maybe a bit too dark green, but it's very early days in flower. I would definitely correct the nute mix and carry on.

Out of curiosity, what's NPK ratio of what you were feeding them?
Thanks for giving me hope! i feel awful about what happened. I don't know excatly it was Canna Coco A+B , its for vegetation and for flowering supposedly. I did everything according to their ( Canna ) feeding schedule and this happen. I did one grow with it couple years ago, and everything turned perfect. This time i was using full line with cannazym , cannaboost and pk and this happened :( Dark green color wont lighten yes ? or there is a chance it will? Before all that happened i was thinking about giving them nutes for one week more and than only phd water but now i dont know what to do. Do you know how much delay can i have?
Edit: N.P.K ratio: 5.4.3

I did one grow with it couple years ago, and everything turned perfect. This time i was using full line with cannazym , cannaboost and pk and this happened
Sounds like a big change in your nutrient regimen to me. Can you post a pic of the nutrient percentage breakdown on each of the things you're feeding with, and how much of each you're using?

[Edit: found this for A+B:
Coco A NPK Formula: 4-0-1
Coco B NPK Formula: 0-4-2
I'd still like a pic of the others if you can, along with the amounts...]
Dark green color wont lighten yes ?
As the plant uses up the nitrogen in the nutes it will begin to pull what it needs from the lower fan leaves. Once you find the feeding sweet spot, the plant will get a bit paler overall, but not pale.

Sounds like a big change in your nutrient regimen to me. Can you post a pic of the nutrient percentage breakdown on each of the things you're feeding with, and how much of each you're using?

[Edit: found this for A+B:
I'd still like a pic of the others if you can, along with the amounts...]

As the plant uses up the nitrogen in the nutes it will begin to pull what it needs from the lower fan leaves. Once you find the feeding sweet spot, the plant will get a bit paler overall, but not pale.
I don't know excact nutrient percentage but i was using this chart. Maybe i wrongly choose "period" I was thinking that this week should be generative period 2 edit: Im thinking this weekend what have passed so 5th. Today its a first day of 6th week.

obraz_2021-04-05_002607.png

I'm going to do this really roughly to save (me) some time! I'm also going to ask the rest of the hive mind to take a look at what I've done here and see if the current numbers look right:

Cannazym: 0-2-1
Cannaboost: 0-1-1
Canna PK: 0-10-11

Gen period II would be 85ml A, 85ml B, 63ml Cannazym, 50-100 (where are you on this?) Cannaboost, and 38ml PK.

Is that your current mix?

That works out to:
A: 85* 4-0-1 = 340-0-84
B: 85* 0-4-2 = 0-340-170
Cz: 63* 0-2-1 = 0-126-63
Cb: 50(?) * 0-1-1 = 0-50-50
PK: 38* 0-10-11 = 0-380-418
Total = 340-896-785, which reduces to 1-2.6-2.3

That doesn't look like too much nitrogen on paper by my calculations. It does look like way too much phosphorus though.

Just spitballing here, excess phosphorus will limit the uptake of copper, and a copper deficiency can result in dark green leaves. That might explain the dark green without signs of nitrogen toxicity (clawing leaf tips).

And with the products you have on hand it's tough for me to get you more balanced N and K without blowing out the P. Canna products seem to hit the P pretty hard. I also don't know where you micronutrients are coming from in that list.

Having gone through all that, it there any chance you can try running what worked for you last time without all the supplements? If it worked once it's more likely to work again.

I'm going to do this really roughly to save (me) some time! I'm also going to ask the rest of the hive mind to take a look at what I've done here and see if the current numbers look right:

Cannazym: 0-2-1
Cannaboost: 0-1-1
Canna PK: 0-10-11

Gen period II would be 85ml A, 85ml B, 63ml Cannazym, 50-100 (where are you on this?) Cannaboost, and 38ml PK.

Is that your current mix?

That works out to:
A: 85* 4-0-1 = 340-0-84
B: 85* 0-4-2 = 0-340-170
Cz: 63* 0-2-1 = 0-126-63
Cb: 50(?) * 0-1-1 = 0-50-50
PK: 38* 0-10-11 = 0-380-418
Total = 340-896-785, which reduces to 1-2.6-2.3

That doesn't look like too much nitrogen on paper by my calculations. It does look like way too much phosphorus though.

Just spitballing here, excess phosphorus will limit the uptake of copper, and a copper deficiency can result in dark green leaves. That might explain the dark green without signs of nitrogen toxicity (clawing leaf tips).

And with the products you have on hand it's tough for me to get you more balanced N and K without blowing out the P. Canna products seem to hit the P pretty hard. I also don't know where you micronutrients are coming from in that list.

Having gone through all that, it there any chance you can try running what worked for you last time without all the supplements? If it worked once it's more likely to work again.
Man thx! This is my current mix. So you think it could be too much phosphorus? Damn today i gave them normal amount of pk and very little A+B. So tomorrow i will make flush for sure. Some tips are clawing and ive got some deficiencies on bottom leaves. What should i do now ? :(
I think you could be right . Most dark leaves are closest to lights and also i found leaves with almost mosaic on them just like on pics from copper def. Can i do something with this or everything is lost because its to late?

Rinse it out! Easy peasy with coco.
I think that canna coco doesnt have copper in it :/ Do you think i can use Euro cents ? they are steel covered in copper. I dont have better idea... tomorrow shops are still closed, tuesday i can buy something that contains copper but i should give them something tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom