No Glass In Michigan Any More!

What exactly does the new law say? If it's pipes "meant to be used for drugs" or something like that it doesn't mean jack-. As sick as it sounds to me, I have known people (ok, so one guy acutally) who owned a glass bong solely for smoking tobacco out of. Slap a couple of "for tobacco use ONLY" stickers around the headshops, maybe even ask people what they plan to use the pipes for when they check out, and you really can't be prosecuted.

If it's all glass smoking devices, they better be prepared to be sued to all hell by Middle Easterners - hookah smoking is an important part of their culture.

My guess (my HOPE) is they plan to crack down on crack and meth pipes, which you really can't use for any common purpose BUT drug use.

Yeah, it doesn't sound likely to me but Bretts pretty trustworthy.. I guess we'll see what he has to say. Maybe she just wants to put it on the ballot or something? Let us know dude!

MapInc

There is a link to one article. The problem is, it's somewhat vague.

What I found:

333.7453 Sale of drug paraphernalia prohibited; notice; compliance.

Sec. 7453.

(1) Subject to subsection (2), a person shall not sell or offer for sale drug paraphernalia, knowing that the drug paraphernalia will be used to plant, propagate, cultivate, grow, harvest, manufacture, compound, convert, produce, process, prepare, test, analyze, pack, repack, store, contain, conceal, inject, ingest, inhale, or otherwise introduce into the human body a controlled substance.

(2) Before a person is arrested for a violation of subsection (1), the attorney general or a prosecuting attorney shall notify the person in writing, not less than 2 business days before the person is to be arrested, that the person is in possession of specific, defined material that has been determined by the attorney general or prosecuting attorney to be drug paraphernalia. The notice also shall request that the person refrain from selling or offering for sale the material and shall state that if the person complies with the notice, no arrest will be made for a violation of subsection (1).

(3) If a person complies with a notice sent under subsection (2), the compliance is a complete defense for the person against a prosecution under section 7453, as long as the compliance continues.

Well the only other head shop in my area is NewStand....I heard that the owners a dick. No thanks! The staff and owner at Birds eye ARE FUCKING AWESOME!!!!! and only a 5 minute drive away! hahaha

I guess Ill be going to Indy for my glass...they have a great shop there called Magic Bus....a million glass pieces!! :O my fav head shop Evar.

Perhaps one of you should hit up a local headshop and just ask what the deal is.

i really really want Tennessee to become a Legal Medical Marijuana state...

As long as it is not a crime to possess it there will always be backroom sales at those places until at least the remaining stock is sold.....if you are known to any of the owners you'll likely be privy to the 'private stock.' Of course it'd have to be kept on the serious DL......

It is illegal to posses it, even unused you get a paraphernalia slapped in your face. Least thats how I am understanding this shithole law. All I know is what I read in the school news paper CMLife, CMU's paper.

everyone's asking what the law is when i already posted it. find my post on page 2 or go to norml.com

everyone's asking what the law is when i already posted it. find my post on page 2 or go to norml.com

I believe they just instituted a new law, however, that defines exactly what is and isn't "drug paraphernalia". That's what I'm looking for.

I'm so glad I made it to the Glass Onion before that happened. Wait til I tell my suitemate. She practically lives at Shake Down Street.

Sigh. Kind of reminds me of a quote..

"A man who gives up his freedom for protection does not deserve either".

It does not directly apply to this particular situation, but this reminded me of how the gov is using fear as a method of manipulating people into giving away their freedoms and rights, for fear of a faceless enemy.

were gonna go to Birds eyes today and see whats up with them....:/

they will probably just move down the street and set up shop in Indiana lol.

Dude im so glad I moved away from Grandholm. Down here in FL you can get a nice glass pipe or even a Bubbler if you like at pretty much any gas station or liquer store!!! :allgood:

I can't wait to move to cali, 2 more years of school then its out west for me.

I'm so glad I made it to the Glass Onion before that happened. Wait til I tell my suitemate. She practically lives at Shake Down Street.

Hey..new to site but had to comment on this. I just called shakedown when I read about this new law, and they hadn't heard a word about it, nor were they planning to stop selling a thing. So what does this mean?

Sean

brett your bro just picked up the sickest new bong from the south westnedge market, as of a few days ago theyre still pretty much fully stocked.

Back
Top Bottom