no odor after 3 weeks of flowering? is there something wrong?

saxxon413

well,the title of the post says it all,is there something wrong with my plant? there are no dying leaves or anything,she looks completely healthy and theres buds everywhere on this plant! lol i do just about once a day mist her with a spray bottle,could this have something to do with there being no smell? cause i mean theres like NO smell,actually if i out my nose like right on top of a bud theres a little teeny tiny hint smell,but thats about it,if anyone has any info on this plz share!

20130928_090650.jpg

20130928_090634.jpg

Re: no odor after 3 weeks of flowering?? is there something wrong?

It might take a while for the scent to develop. If you gently rub a fan leaf between your fingers, you can bring your fingers to your nose and get a sense of the scent of your plant. Maybe your strain doesn't have much of a scent as there are strains created with little scent for stealth reasons.

oh well i knew that,ive been able to do that with the fan leavs for a whole now to get that smell,im just talkin about the bud clusters themselves,no smell! Lol =/

dude your plant looks nice it is possible in a few weeks that that plant is goona stink real bad have patience i grow outdoor cuz if i was around my plants evrey day i would not stop messing with them i would drive myself crazy!!!!

ahh yes,cant rly do outdoor growing,too many eyes,and theres alot more shit that can go wrong when its outside,indoor just seemed the easier rout to go,me beig a newbie and all.

indeed i will Coloradohigh,thanks for the info! ill be putting up another post on monday,she will be 9 weeks old and going into her 4th week of flowering.

i grow outdoor cuz if i was around my plants evrey day i would not stop messing with them i would drive myself crazy!!!!

:biglaugh: I hear that! I'm close to flipping the switch on my plants and that subtle, pungent, sweet smell is driving me crazy. It's just under the threshold of being noticable. For stealth reasons, and for my own sanity, I just purchased a fan/carbon filter combo unit that I will be installing next week. Hopefully, that will alleviate the constant drooling I've been experiencing lately.

Bud smell.odor is more noticeable around mid to late flowering :thumb:

Ya got a few weeks to go yet, looks pretty sativa dominate & may mean a longer flowering period of around 10 to 12 weeks average...

But the plant is looking well with a well formed main apical stem supporting good bud growth, keep up the good work :love:

Any chance of a close up pic of the main cola stem ? please.

yeah sure fuzzyduck,check back in a few mins,my camera isnt so good but ill get the best shot i can.

hey fuzzyduck heres a couple shots,they came out better than i though,though still not perfect. lol

20130928_130255.jpg

20130928_130203.jpg

20130928_130239.jpg

20130928_130429.jpg

It could be a low order strain. I can grow 10 northern lights plants with very little smell, but if I grow 1 diesel plant it can sting up the whole house. :)

hey fuzzyduck heres a couple shots,they came out better than i though,though still not perfect. lol

20130928_130429.jpg

Ye looks pretty sweet for 3 weeks of flowering & as expected :thumb:

Here's a pic of one of my own at 3 weeks in flowering/soil, ya gotta excuse the tent lighting.

PICT000353.JPG

It could be a low order strain. I can grow 10 northern lights plants with very little smell, but if I grow 1 diesel plant it can sting up the whole house. :)

I would agree also with The General :love:

Don't knock low odor if paranoid about smells :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom