No power - Indoor or outdoor?

Bimmer85

As a result of sandy I currently have no power and am unsure when it will return. Girls are 35 days into flower and iv moved them to windows for now. My question is would it be better to keep them indoors with just window light or put them outdoors but with temps around 50 during the day. A night I would obviously bring em in. Another option I thought is I can add a few CFLs during the day to help... I do have a generator but I cannot afford to run my 1000w HPS on it not know when we will have gas in my area again. :thanks:

Re: No power... Indoor or outdoor?

Use a smaller bulb 400w/600w.

I would imagine the generator output of electric is X wattage etc, find out what it is & down grade bulb to a suitable size.

I wouldn't take them out and stress them even more. I'd just keep them where they are until you can get them back to where they normally grow. Several CFL's and drop lights can only help keep them till you can get your normal setup ... up and running again.

Sucks and sorry to here about the mess Sandy has caused, I agree on trying to keep them as close to what they had before the power outage. I would downgrade and keep with the HPS lighting for flowering, best of luck and let us know how it turns out. Us left coasters may have to send you some gas for that generator, lol . hope you get a great harvest. OG

I have only grown indoor, but from what I have heard if you take a plant outside and then back inside you greatly increase the chance of introducing bugs into your grow space. That alone would make me want to stay away from moving it in and out.

Sorry about the power, hope it's back on soon.

Yeah ..... so how are things working out?? Power on yet?

Well things are shitty but could be a lot worse for me. I had very little damage so I'm grateful for that... My main problem is my plants seem to have gone back into veg or really really stressed. On one of my girls the top fan leaves seem to be taking on some crazy weird shapes and the buds seem almost like they are stretching and getting thinner insteading of bulking up. Im guessing this is due to the switch in light schedule and intensity. Not to mention flashlights being on during there dark period. What ever it is something is wrong. I'm putting them outside tomorrow in hopes at least the dark period will be what it should be. Granted it is cold at night but I'll cover them with a plastic tarp and hope for the best. A few blocks from my house have had there lights back on so I'm hoping mine will be back with in a day or two. This way I'll put them back indoors and maybe lose 1-2 weeks till they get back on track and continue to flower. Any other ideas??? I'm open to just about anything right now.

I wouldve just left them at a window seal, and put them back in a dark room when its time. Or honestly left them in a dark room period until the lights came back on. I never heard of long periods of darkness hurting plants. Are the CFLs you were using 2700k? Different environments can and will cause stress to the plant. So theres really nothing else until you get your lights back up and running.

Like that idea, I'm just going to put them back in their grow space instead of outside. The main reson is I didn't want to leave them in the drk for more then a day or two. But fuck it, better then cold temps...

I agree, with what has been said , try to keep them warm at least. But hey will get some light if there is a window in the room??? During their normal daylight hours then back into the dark. Once the power is back put them back on their same cycle. they may not respond right away from the light deprivation, but they will srping back, shit hapens in mother nature as well so they don't always get the light the need, best of luck and please keep us updated would love to see some big PHAT buds at the end of this for you. PEACE and hope you and yours are doing as well as can be expected from all of this .

So Iv decided to just put them into the garage for now. Now I was wondering, should I leave the garage open during the day so they get a crack of light or keep it closed all together for possibly another few days? Would the low level of light confuse and in turn shock them even more? The new growth is already crazy looking!

I was going to leave the ladies outside for the day but it was 40 and windy so I took them tragic to he garage. It's been 5 days since there photo period got screwed up and I already see noticeable veg growth. 3 have odd looking leaves and one has 3 spike fans coming out on top. I'm hoping a day or two in the dark will build up enough flowering hormone to revert back to flowering quickly.

I'll get a few pics of them up tomorrow. This really blows... My friend just got a message saying although power has been restored to many but his might not be back until the 11th. My neighborhood seems to be coming along slowly so I really hope that won't be the case for me... I know it crazy I'm worrying about my plants when people no longer have a home left but its still very frustrating.

Very understandable. All the work you put in makes it feel like it was for nothing. I can understand that. I was lucky to get threw the storm. But hey try not to worry to much about it. As long as you can get them under good temps and not keep changing the light around them. It should be fine. And since its in re veg you said then atleast you know its not dying. Thats a good thing to me. But its easy to make go back into flower. by 24hrs dark period then going 12/12. Just dont keep changing it because it may hermie or cause some other weird stress related problems. I wouldve mentioned a halogen flash light. That may keep the plant in good shape until your lights come threw. Those take batteries and are rechargeable i think. If you can get a hold of one id say go for it.

My power came on Monday at 1am so I can continue with my grow. The ladies were definetly stressed but should be ok. I think the odd shaped growth is possibly reveg and the one plant without the crazy growth might have seeds or the calyx are selling. Anyway here are a few pics. :hmmmm:
L1040456.JPG
L1040454.JPG
L1040453.JPG
L1040443.JPG
L1040446.JPG
L1040449.JPG
L1040442.JPG
L1040426.JPG

Back
Top Bottom