Noo-b Lighting Question

mas100378

Hi all,

I have a question for you.

For people that are growiing 20+ plants, 1000w +, how do you keep your energy usage down so that the meter man doesnt get suspicious, PO do not get too excited, etc? I understand some people might be growing 2400w of orchids, but how do you maintain a veg and a flower without making ANYONE suspicious. And please dont say change your light bulbs in your lamps in your living room, because they are not going to make a difference on a setup as such.

Thanks so much,

:thanks:

Most growers you see on here are legal medical gardeners. They don't worry about anything but making sure the bill is paid. Other growers have to make concessions on what they can do, and when.

A one or two KW grow may not trip anyones radar, since typical houses will draw that and more with A/C, heat, water heaters and stoves. But, if your bill suddenly doubles, and if your local utilities look for such, you may attract attention. Look at your utility bill to see how much power you're using now, and then figure out if your garden will substantially increase usage.

The safest route is to flower in the fall and winter. By setting up your ventilation to capture waste heat from lights, you can leave heater thermostats on low, and hide the power usage. Another advantage of this is you will not need A/C to keep your garden cooled off.

I'm always in favour of the old jedi trick... with the ol meter man

These are not the droids you are looking for :peace:

What you could do is some home work on the search engine known as Google.

• Average electric consumption is an example phrase to use !
  • Size of house hold, the bigger the house the more electric used in theory as more people may live their ?

Back
Top Bottom