NoobNoob First Time Growing With Tegridy Journal

noobnoob

Strain: critical+
Stage : Veg (on the 21 day since sprout )
pot : 17 lt
Lux: 35k on top and 17-24k on the sides
Temp: 20-29 C and humidity 50-70 %
Nutrients :Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect ,Grow, Micro, Bloom
Soil: Biobizz light mix
Fed her 3 times until now
She needs about 2 liters water per watering every 2-3 days.
Tent (closet) : 4.16 sq ft ( 2.6 x 1.6 ) and my height is 5.4 ft
veg lights : 110w 6000kelvins inexpensive leds + 130 5500kelvins cfls
Flowring lights : 160w 3000kelvins inexpensive leds (i am going to get some more)
Exhaust and intake pc fans
One small fan for the plant 15w
1 humidifier and 1 dehumidifier

Attachments

• IMG_20200426_165642.jpg
    IMG_20200426_165642.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20200502_144206.jpg
    IMG_20200502_144206.jpg
    453.1 KB · Views: 107
I think i am going to go with topping and maybe LST .But i need some help, i dont know what to cut. Right now my top leaves are the 5th node am i too late? do i have to cut anything above the 4th node?

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_171419.jpg
    IMG_20200503_171419.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20200503_171453.jpg
    IMG_20200503_171453.jpg
    681.8 KB · Views: 108
I am using Biobizz light mix , i dont check my ph for water but my ph on the ph soil meter says something between 7-8
Bad news... this is not how to do things, sorry.

Your pH meter for the soil is useless... that reading means nothing. The only way to correctly measure soil pH is in a vacuum using a slurry test. Do not make any decisions based on the number your $10 meter is showing you.

It is however very important to measure the pH of your incoming fluids when you are using salt chelated nutes, which you are. Those nutes are chemically designed to stay in a protective shell so they don't interact with each other while in the bottle, and they don't break out of those bonds until they find themselves in a certain pH range. 6.3pH is where you want to adjust so that your nutes are available in soil. The soil's base pH is set higher, usually around 6.8 or 7, for a good reason. It is so that when you water at 6.3, the stuff in the soil immediately starts interacting with your fluids, and the pH begins to rise. As the soil dries out, it also approaches its base pH. These two interactions cause your nutrient mix to drift through the 6.2-6.8 pH range, exactly as it was designed to do. All you need to do is accurately measure the pH of every fluid that hits your soil and it is automatic from that point on.

I think i am going to go with topping and maybe LST .But i need some help, i dont know what to cut. Right now my top leaves are the 5th node am i too late? do i have to cut anything above the 4th node?
lop her off, right there between 4 and 5. Its hard to do it the first time, but as soon as you make that cut all the other side growth will rise up to the top and where you cut, right below it in the notches, those preflowers will turn into your two new main kolas

Your pH meter for the soil is useless... that reading means nothing. The only way to correctly measure soil pH is in a vacuum using a slurry test. Do not make any decisions based on the number your $10 meter is showing you.

It is however very important to measure the pH of your incoming fluids when you are using salt chelated nutes, which you are. Those nutes are chemically designed to stay in a protective shell so they don't interact with each other while in the bottle, and they don't break out of those bonds until they find themselves in a certain pH range. 6.3pH is where you want to adjust so that your nutes are available in soil. The soil's base pH is set higher, usually around 6.8 or 7, for a good reason. It is so that when you water at 6.3, the stuff in the soil immediately starts interacting with your fluids, and the pH begins to rise. As the soil dries out, it also approaches its base pH. These two interactions cause your nutrient mix to drift through the 6.2-6.8 pH range, exactly as it was designed to do. All you need to do is accurately measure the pH of every fluid that hits your soil and it is automatic from that point on.
I know i just didnt have enough money but i am going to get the ph meters and ups and downs in a bit.
Do i have to trim some fan leaves or something?

I know i just didnt have enough money but i am going to get the ph meters and ups and downs in a bit.
I would NOT trim fan leaves noobnoob I try to think of fan leaves as back ups if your plant can't get what it needs from your soil or nutrients for some reason it takes it from the fan leaves ,, your fan leaves are your indicator on how your plant is doing

When you find yourself considering a question such as this, ask yourself what happens in nature. Out there in the great cannabis out doors, does mother nature trim fan leaves?

are the branches getting enough light inside there?
If they weren't, she would be working on sloughing off some of them. The time will come to thin her out, but right now, be content with the single cut you made and get back to your thinking about cutting on the plant being harmful. Would you want someone whacking off one of your hands, just as you got busy doing something with it?

Back
Top Bottom