Northern Lights CFL + LED Closet Grow Started 2013-01-02

hey mate.

what brand is coco, did it contain starter nutes? what exactly are u feeding? how much/how often? what ph range u running?

so u want to allow ur coco to dry out between waterings and dont over saturate wen watering. u only need a very small amount of run off. and water every few days as opposed to every day. if its cheap coco with high salt content, get a bottle drip clean from house and garden. that will rinse salts out and give a vitality boost. ph to 5.5 in veg. coco ph runs the same as complete hydro just about.

youre supposed to rinse the salt out of the coco when you buy it.

5.5-6 ph

for those size plants..id say 1.0 e.c.?

you could flush the medium heavy with filtered water with an e.c. of 1.0 (which i think is like 700ppm) and then let it dry out.

a solution with a e.c. actually flushes better than "pure" water becuase it has salt it in, which attaches to the salt in the soil and pulls it out.

might even want to try a lower e.c. of like .7-.8.

I've checker images on google and I am pretty sure it's not spider-mites but input would be appreciated...

Here is photos of the suspect!

103_4152_ori.jpg
103_4152_zoom.jpg

I can see the spider, no spider mites. I usually keep spiders around, because they prey on the detrimental pests that could intrude my garden.

I'm no "heavy hitter" or anything, but thought I'd take a look at your issues over here. +Rep to WildBill for recruiting help from the rest of the community to help you out as well.
That little spider you have is just a house spider, which may or may not eat the other bugs in your grow, nothing to worry about IMO; Although I dont tend to allow any bugs in mine except for lady bugs.

I agree with the other guys that your plants look to have a bit of nute burn. You may want to ramp the nutes down to 1/4 or 1/2 strength from whatever doseage you've been giving them. A flush amy be in order, too...I'm not a coco guy either, so hopefully someone with more experience in that department will chime in. Good luck with your grow!:Namaste:
I concur...A little knowledge can or cannot be dangerous! I agree with NUTE BURN...been there...done that...NOT recently...here's the deal...sprout in rooting plugs dampened, not soaked in PH'd water, distilled water works great for seedlings until vegetative growth and then DON'T feed them full strength despite what the bottle says. Start at 1/4th strength and increase slowly...to full strength. If a little is good a lot is better, right?
NO!!!! Nute burn can be corrected with water only until/if the plant recovers...please take a look at the plants in my grow..link in my signature...All of my veggers, teens and youngin's are in root plugs before going into soil...Although I haven't used seeds for a while this method is used by several growers here...Good luck and :welcome::cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

Not a problem, This forum is all about helping each other.
I asked the man OMM on his thread for help for you.
Im sure someone will drive by and help you out.
If you add your grow journal to your sig and post on some other journals
im sure you would get more help that way also.
Lots of good people on here, Ive made a few friends
and amazed at how they grow large plants inside and out.

You were right on this wildbill38! Thanks!

Quixilvir,
fish cake,
KushMeister,
jon705,
GiGaBaNe,
Cannasensei,
Cultivator,
OldMedMan,
bmeat,
ILuvJuicyLucy,
Hozona.

Thanks to all for the incredible response and inputs!

Here is a quick rap-up of my set-up and my grow history :
2 x 2 gallons pots.
My coco is Canna Coco all natural.
I have a 66% coco 33% perlite mix.
I am using General Hydroponics Flora series. ( 3 bottles )
I started from germinated seeds directly to my big pots.
I've got 10 days difference in age between both plants.
I now have a Ph down up kit with test bottle.

I started without flushing my pots like I probably should have.
I was using vinegar in the first 3 weeks and was probably not having water at a low enough ph. ( between 6,25 and 6,5 before watering ) but ( 7 to 7,5 ) after watering.
Also, my first waterings had nutrients in them at full strength seedling dose, but, and that's really bad, with the same amount for the three bottles of the serie.
When I started really seeing problems visually, I flushed my 2 plants but with only 1,5 gl of water per plant. Should have flushed a bit more but started getting almost same ph before and after so tough it was enough. That is 12 days ago and saw some improvments after that but got a bit worse again ( yellowing leafs ).
This week, gave them nutrients at really 1/2 strength. 1/2 tsp for green bottle, 1/4 tsp for red one and 1/10 tea spoon for brown one.
Also, I though my temperature was probably too high with 30c-32c at plant level.
So I moved my lights farther ( 12 inches for my led and 8 inches for my little cfls ) and closed my 125W cfl to cool down the air. Temp dropped to 25-27...
Also, I installed an humidifer and humidity in now 40%-50%.
I am watering every 3-4 days now and if something, I am maybe under-watering. The ph going in is 5.8 and going out is 6.5 on both plants with plant A a bit more acid.
Si I figured I have a ph at probably 6.2 right now. Maybe a little high so tonight, I'll flush them with 3 gallons each and I'll try to get ph to something like 5,5-5,7. I'll also feed them but with only 1/4 dose. After that, I'll try to be patient and see how it goes. It's hard sometimes to not try something. :)

Here is a photo update of the plants :

Plant A day 29 :
103_4171.JPG
103_4173.JPG
103_4172.JPG

Plant B day 20 :
103_4175.JPG
103_4176.JPG

Thanks again to all for the valuable infos and teachings, see ya!

You were right on this wildbill38! Thanks!

Quixilvir,
fish cake,
KushMeister,
jon705,
GiGaBaNe,
Cannasensei,
Cultivator,
OldMedMan,
bmeat,
ILuvJuicyLucy,
Hozona.

Thanks to all for the incredible response and inputs!

Thanks again to all for the valuable infos and teachings, see ya!

No problem brother! :welcome:

Get cozy, because it's WARM and very very comfortable around here. ;)

LOL they were hot and burnt by nutes..damn dude. its ok, we all fuck up. my first plant was terrible, very bad lol

looking very healthy on the top, already. good stuff see ya later!

I'm pulling up a chair and watching. Just started an all most identical grow my self. I'm just starting too see:thumb: some yellowing time to flush! Thx for starting this journal!

No problem! Happy to be helpfull by my errors to someone else!

Hope I'll be able to finish my grow with a minimum of success.

Here is an visual update 24 hours after flushing :

Plant A day 30 :
103_4181.JPG
103_4187.JPG
103_4182.JPG

Plant B day 21 :
103_4183.JPG
103_4184.JPG

Patients....:Namaste:
I think you mean patience....we are all mmj patients...trouble with a lot of us...we see what the really awesome results look like in other journals and want to get there really fast...I am guilty as well...we all need a little patience...Go look at what Xlr8 has done since his first journal...growth as a plant and as a grower take time...you will get there eventually without the paranoia we old dudes had to deal with....some of us for decades....Good luck with the grow Klangelier!:cheesygrinsmiley:

I think you mean patience....we are all mmj patients...

:rofl: Touche. I never did nail down the two different words, as PATIENCE was never my strong suit either. I'm sure everyone knew which one I meant though...

lookin good bruh..let em heal from the salts..the roots just need to huddle and think of a plan for a second. make sure its not too wet either you know, you want that sponge situation which is like right when the medium is drying out with water in it. coco helps achevie this becuase it doesnt break down and compost unless you rough it up too heavy

just keep stepping up pull this grow through looking good though

only reason im concerned is becuase they are pale..its also a defciency..you would think feed but i think roots just might not be "right" yet..give it a minute before jump gun

compact*

"only reason im concerned is becuase they are pale..its also a defciency..you would think feed but i think roots just might not be "right" yet..give it a minute before jump gun "

*pale..which would suggest a deficiency you would think, but i think the roots may not be right yet. give it a minute before jumping the gun and feeding.

The school teacher in me....:cheesygrinsmiley:
While some people may have minded being corrected, I actually apprecieate it. I'd want someone to tell me if I had a booger hanging out of my nose too:Namaste:

Agreed! My own damn wife let me walk around with a damned piece of spinach on my teeth for like 2 hours before i noticed!! What a bitch lol. I was like "wtf " she says "I didn't wanna embarass you" "so u let me walk around looking like I just sucked Kermit off?!" Lol

Here we are 3 days after flushing and everything seems stable, new growth looks healthy and since I've moved my lights further away, plant A is taking expansion vertically.

I am still gratefull for all the info and advice I received here!

Here is plant A ( 11 cm ) day 32 update :
103_4198.JPG
103_4199.JPG
103_4200.JPG

And plant B (5 cm ) 23 days :
103_4202.JPG
103_4203.JPG

Back
Top Bottom