Northern Lights fem af hydro plant spacing

Craigeee

420 Member
First time hydro and was aiming to do just one plant but 2 seedlings are really looking nice and hate to discard one of them. My ebb and flow setup is really designed for just one plant but can I get by with 2 seedlings 4" or so apart?

First time hydro and was aiming to do just one plant but 2 seedlings are really looking nice and hate to discard one of them. My ebb and flow setup is really designed for just one plant but can I get by with 2 seedlings 4" or so apart?

You MIGHT be able to get away with it, but I don't recommend it.

First, if the system was designed for a single plant, likely the root systems from two plants will fill the res and you'll need to limit the size of each plant to ensure you don't overflow the res with roots and have to top off with water every day. Next, the roots will all be entangled and, if for any reason either one of the plants dies, it will be impossible to remove it and it will screw up the res with dying root material and infect the other plant. You will also pretty much need to harvest them together which could also be an issue if they don't finish together.

If you have a little extra room, just pick up a 5-gallon bucket and either do a hempy or pick up an air pump & stone and make a DWC for the second plant. Also, you could just plant it in soil, keep it small, and clone or grow it out after this one is ready (unless it's an auto!) but that would require some additional area & lights to keep a veg space while you're also flowering.

I hope that helps!

:Namaste:

K

EDIT: I just noticed the "AF" in the title, so I'm assuming you DO have autoflowers, so stick with the hempy or DWC recommendation. Either are quick & cheap to get together and you won't be able to control veg times on the autos to keep the plants small! :goodluck:

Thanks, that sounds like good advice. I think since this is my first attempt I will just stick to the one plant and next time maybe revise my setup for 2 plants after seeing how this goes.

Back
Top Bottom