Not sure what she is looking for

Outragedpluto

Hello everyone, I hope we have a Pot Doctor here. My plant is showing signs of hunger but im not so sure she is. Her soil has enough nutes for her whole life. And the other plant which is doing AWESOME is in the same soil mix. I did foliar feed her last night and she seemed to respond positively to that. I dont want to start putting nutes in her water because of how rich the soil is. Maybe a PH issue??? Her genetics are Cherry Ak47 x Alien Kush. Are these strains picky??? Here are some picture to help. Thank you to all you profesionals for helping us solve our emergency!!!

P1060672.JPG
P1060671.JPG
P1060670.JPG
P1060669.JPG
P1060668.JPG
P1060667.JPG

Peace and Love all!!!! :thanks::Namaste::peace:

Do you check PH?
What I would say from PIC 1 is that is a mobile element problem P, K, Zinc.
If your water is PH closer to 7.5-7.9. You could be locking out mobile elements with a higher than normal PH.

But then the remainder of the pics, with the leaves curling up like that, the medium is HOT. PPM is high.

On first glance I sad "oh Toxic Salts."

Do not feed them, something is too much not too little. A great way to check this out is to water-the-shit-out-of them with RO water, then let them dry out.

Frank.

Yea i checked the ph. I use jugged water. I use both distilled and spring water. The distilled water showed to be 6.5-7 and the spring water is 7.5-8. I use both kinds for a few reasons. I use the distilled water for my general watering and feeding. And then use the spring water every couple of watering to introduce some calcium and magnesium. But funny thing is is that i have only watered maybe like 4 or 5 times since she was planted. So i havent used the spring water yet since i shouldnt have been worried about feeding. And i would agree with the soil being hot. It is FF ocean forest. My other plant is loving it!! Picky ass plants!!
Thanks Frank for stopping by and lending a helping hand!! :Namaste:

Does anyone know if you can foliar feed with Epsom salts. I think I have narrowed her symptoms to magnesium deficiency. But I feel my soil is to hot so to water with it I feel that would only worsen the lockout. Also do you think doing a flush will help take some of the nutrients out and possibly fix the problem.
Thanks for stopping by everyone.

FFOF soil is PH stabilized to 6.3 (according to it's labeling). Check the PH of the run off water to find out your soil PH. Looks to me that you are not letting the soil dry out that is why some of those leaves bow down like a banana. Every time you water you release the nutes that are in the soil. I would remove the wood chips so the soil can dry out faster which will slow the nute uptake. Wet soil alone contributes to Mg lockout. And although you have not used the spring water yet it is not a good source for Ca or Mg you need a nitrate source and you should be using a Ca Mg source with all your watering for cell development and an N-P-K source every 4th or 5th watering.
I have used FFOF for a couple years and have found that once your plant is past seedling stage you can just water with RO or distilled water PH neutral and a cal mag supplement for the first 30 days and then one nitrogen dose before the flip...Happy growing!

Ocean Forest PH can be as High as 7.3. TO test soil PH you test the first few drops that come out of your pot while feeding or watering.

I don't live in Connecticut so I am not sure.

And I tested my run off this morning 5.0!!!! I'm going to slowly start bringing the ph up until it is 6.5. Thank you everyone for their input and help!!!

I grow in FFOF and ph water with or without nutes to 6.8 in veg...my run off is 6.3 usually.

That up curling around the edges looks like a possible temp issue?

Temps are 79 daytime and 74 nighttime. RH is 50% daytime and 70% nighttime. I run my humidifier at night when my exhaust is not running.

The room temps aren't so much a problem, it is the soil temperature that is causing the leaf edges to fold up. if you can keep the soil temp below 75 (ideally 70) the leaves will flatten out. Wrap those black containers with something that will reflect the light away from them. right now the containers keep absorbing the light as heat (like a black car on a sunny day) and your plants are suffering from it.
Plants outside in the ground will do fine on a 90+ degree day because their roots are in cool soil. Us container growers aren't so lucky. Happy Growing

The room temps aren't so much a problem, it is the soil temperature that is causing the leaf edges to fold up. if you can keep the soil temp below 75 (ideally 70) the leaves will flatten out. Wrap those black containers with something that will reflect the light away from them. right now the containers keep absorbing the light as heat (like a black car on a sunny day) and your plants are suffering from it. Plants outside in the ground will do fine on a 90+ degree day because their roots are in cool soil. Us container growers aren't so lucky. Happy Growing

Thanks for the advice daze. I will look into seeing how I can shade the pots from the heat. Problem I may run into is that I have air-pots and I don't want to cover up all of those holes.

Also I have a fan blowing right onto the pots so hopefully that helps with temps.

Thanks again for stopping to check up

Back
Top Bottom