NPK for Veg?

Cruizer

Hi, i bought some Ferts and the values on the bottle say N 7.28% P 8.21% and K 14.07% My question is it calls for 5ml per L of water, is this okay for veg or did i buy the wrong bottle? My plants are 2 1/2 weeks old.

IMG_20140730_175416.jpg
IMG_20140730_175358.jpg
IMG_20140730_175218.jpg
IMG_20140730_175524.jpg

i wanted to pop in for a quick sec... the nutes i have are organic EJ rainbow mix it's 5-5-2. now i didn't use any nutes for the first 4 weeks of veg. to me it looks like nute burn.. i would maybe flush the plant with PH'd water and use no nutes for a while. atleast till you have maybe 2 or 3 nodes going.. bottled water is fine, just make sure the ph is correct.. between 6.0-6.5.

thats my newbie 2 sence.. i hope someone with true knowledge makes it over.. you are correct.. i got very lucky with my subs.. my little girl is doing great.. lets pray for continued progress..
~PG

Thanks Grape, for the response. I haven't added any nutes yet, only bottled water so far. Here's the soil i replanted them in 2 days ago. I checked the ph of the soil before the replant and it's at 7.0
IMG_20140729_181245.jpg

Neutral ph, 100% Organic.

Update: I did a RapidTest soil test and the NPK & PH values are...
IMG_20140730_222836.jpg
IMG_20140730_222719.jpg

PH=
IMG_20140730_222628.jpg

The picture of Nitrogen results is more on the depleted side than the adequate side. P is in the surplus as is the K, the ph is Neutral to Alkaline. 7.0-7.5

Any thoughts? Do i need to fix this and how?

I'm not sure about the flush? Just stop using nutes and give straight water for at least 2 weeks. And if no one responds it's because they don't have all the info. I did the same thing in the past. If u read the stuff in ur profile about everything u need to know its in there. Believe people politely called me out but in my time I have been here it's the same questions every week that could have been prevented with research. And once again I am a repeat offender. So hopefully u can help someone else in the future with a hundred views and no replies

Could it be to hot? The cabinet runs around 85-88F Humidity at 55-60% I have an exhaust fan sucking hot air out and a fine on the bottom blow up at the bottom of the pots. I sometimes have a fan blowing straight across them. I spray a mist of water on them once in awhile. I did change soil on them and there roots were still in the old soil when i planted them. Anything else please ask.

More information: Lights are cfl's 2x32w 5000k; 3x23w 5000k; 3x23w 6500k; Fan is 18w 2 speed non-rotating, exhaust fan is 70cfm. I put them in the sunlight in the mornings for a few hours then back under the lights.

I thought the information to my specific question I asked along with the pictures was enough to start a brainstorm as to what is going on with my plants. Sorry I will crawl back under my rock.

I just measured and they (8 plants) are 2" from the lights...I think now that i may have over watered, I transplanted from small starter cups to 7" pots on Saturday and gave them 1/3 cup water, then on Monday 2/3 cup of water and Today, Wednesday, 2/3 cup water, every other day. I raised the temp and have a fan blowing across them to dry the soil And i have been spraying with water bottle. Could that be it?

I would not give any nutrients to your seedlings until they are 4"-5" tall and have 5 nodes of growth then begin to give then 1/4 strength nutrients. The N-P-K for your nutrients is not appropriate for vegetative growth. I would use General Hydroponics MaxiGro with 10-5-14 N-P-K or similar for vegetative growth and General Hydroponics MaxiBloom with 5-15-14 N-P-K or similar for flowering.

(click the photographs for direct links to the products)

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: MaxiGro

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: MaxiBloom

Here is a guide on nutrients and how to use them

Nutes: What To Use & How To Use Them Tutorial

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used with hydroponic, soil and soiless mediums.

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

https://www.growitbest.com general hydroponics Flora series performance pack

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks, I won't give them nutes till they are that tall, then my problem isn't nute deficiencies because they are to young and don't require added nutes yet.

The soil you are using should provide your plants with enough nutrients until they are 4"-5" tall and have 5 nodes of growth. You need to adjust the pH of the water you are feeding your plants to pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

phnutrcombo11.gif

Which one would you do? I saw peat moss at H.Depot in Baja California. and of course i can find vinegar.
1) One of the easiest ways to make soil more acidic is to add sphagnum peat. This works especially well in small garden areas. Simply add an inch or two of peat to the topsoil in and around plants, or during planting.

2)For another quick fix, water plants several times with a solution of 2 tablespoons vinegar to a gallon of water. This is a great way to adjust pH in container plants.

I would use pH down, vinegar or lemon juice to lower the pH of your water or nutrient solution.

Here is my soiless mixture

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and the plants roots as well as retaining moisture.

PRO-MIX_HP_MYCORRHIZAE.jpg

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

https://www.hydro-organics.com earth juice rooters mycorrhizae

Question...I did the NPK test on the soil and it said the N was at the depleted level. That is the soil the plants are in, shouldn't the plants be receiving more nitrogen than what is in the organic mix I'm using?

Edit: the plants do look better after the soil has had time to dry.

Back
Top Bottom