Nutrient Calculation

I contacted several new suppliers.

I have the opportunity to take all the chemicals you wrote above in small quantities.

Do I need all of them to create my own nutrition mix? Or would it be enough to supply some of them?

I also think that I will need micro elements other than these elements,but I think if I buy a suitable mix it will work for a long time.

thank you for all help

be safe

You can formulate a blend with less than I listed, but then you'll likely not be able to achieve your targets in Hydro Buddy, at least not precisely. I started inching my way into my nutrient collection and in the beginning I was only able to get pretty close to my targets, but I was also trying to supplement a premixed brand (Jack's 5-12-26). This brand was ok for cannabis, but I struggled when trying to change any of the elements, but that struggle lessened as my collection expanded. I then discontinued using Jack's and got my own chelated micros and made my own blends, some of which were good and some bad. I now mix to an augmented formulation of Megacrop. My blend has more P and less K.

So do you need everything on my list? No, but I still suggest that you aim to get them all if possible as your ability to adjust your feed, or even formulate a program for other plants will be greatly increased the more you have. FYI, here's the 6 micros I use;

Iron DTPA
Zinc EDTA
Manganese EDTA
Copper EDTA
Boric Acid
Sodium Molybdate

I mix those precisely to Megacrop's formulation and my girls seem to likey like. I load those micros into Hydro Buddy, then input Megacrop's results into the targets field, and put it to make 500 gallons, then whatever the resulting weights are, I add into a half gallon to make the 1000:1 mix. Then it's just 3.78ml per gallon of nutes I mix, but for simplicity, I round that down to an even 3.5ml/Gal which makes quick math easier.

If you opt to get a micro mix blend that's in powder form, if the metals are not chelated, the mix MUST remain in powder form until use and NEVER mixed into a liquid concentrate as it will turn into rust water in about 2 days. I learned that lesson the hard way too. Shortly after is when I learned to mix with chelated micros and have been doing that since.

Thank you for all the information you provided.
I'm collecting materials and trying to learn hydro buddy.
I will be informing the development here

You can formulate a blend with less than I listed, but then you'll likely not be able to achieve your targets in Hydro Buddy, at least not precisely. I started inching my way into my nutrient collection and in the beginning I was only able to get pretty close to my targets, but I was also trying to supplement a premixed brand (Jack's 5-12-26). This brand was ok for cannabis, but I struggled when trying to change any of the elements, but that struggle lessened as my collection expanded. I then discontinued using Jack's and got my own chelated micros and made my own blends, some of which were good and some bad. I now mix to an augmented formulation of Megacrop. My blend has more P and less K.

So do you need everything on my list? No, but I still suggest that you aim to get them all if possible as your ability to adjust your feed, or even formulate a program for other plants will be greatly increased the more you have. FYI, here's the 6 micros I use;

Iron DTPA
Zinc EDTA
Manganese EDTA
Copper EDTA
Boric Acid
Sodium Molybdate

I mix those precisely to Megacrop's formulation and my girls seem to likey like. I load those micros into Hydro Buddy, then input Megacrop's results into the targets field, and put it to make 500 gallons, then whatever the resulting weights are, I add into a half gallon to make the 1000:1 mix. Then it's just 3.78ml per gallon of nutes I mix, but for simplicity, I round that down to an even 3.5ml/Gal which makes quick math easier.

Pop over to Skybound’s hydro buddy thread, if you haven’t already. Like I said there are a couple quirks so if you find yourself getting confused just ask. I’m going to be gone for a couple weeks but someone will be around to help.

Grab a bag of megacrop and be done. Use it through all phases. Couldnt be any easier or any cheaper. Works great in any type of growing from what I have seen or read up on. Eliminates all the guess work and using seperate bottles of additives that I dont believe do half of what they tell you it will do. Money grab.

Megacrop has nothing but excellent reviews.

Back
Top Bottom