Nutrient deficiency?

Sascwatch

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I think it fits well here.

My last 3 crops I have ran into the same issues a few weeks into bloom, signs of P, K and calmag deficiencies. I always thought I was over feeding and causing lockout to occur, flushing always seemed to make it worse. I couldn't figure it out at all.

Fast forward to the crop, I got a nice new hanna ppm meter! It turns out my bloom nutes are bad/weak? If that's what you want to call it. Plants grew awesome in veg at a max of 3ml per litre of nutes which resulted in about 840ppm with calmag added into the feeding. I could go higher, but I'm always out of room by this point cause they are so big.

I then mixed up a batch of bloom nutes at the same strength (3ml per litre) with the same water and cal mag, this resulted in a measly 425ppm!! So I mixed up another batch and the same thing. All along my problems were due to these bloom nutes being very weak.

Recommended feeding for this nute line was 800-1100 ppm which at their dilution rate is 5ml per litre. But would require close to 8ml per litre or more without the cal mag I added. These nutes were purchased in the fall in 5 gallon buckets, so there's a lot for me to use up. For now I've added in a booster 0-50-17 and all my problems are clearing up. Feeding at closer to 1000ppm in late flowering and they are loving it. First 3 crops averaged 3.5oz per plant, these look to be double.

Thanks for everyone's help each time this problem appeared, if you aren't already checking ppm's I suggest you get a meter and do so, it's just as important as ph if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom