Nutrient deficiency?

BlueSkye

So it's the age old question from a new grower. I'm about 11/2 months in a auto grow and I'm starting to get some yellowing on some leaves. It looks to be starting around mid growth and some on upper growth. I'm in 1/2 FFOF 1/2 HF with added perlite. Using technaflora bloom nutes ph at 6.3-6.5. I've only feed nutes twice and at less than a 1/4 strength. I know the soil has nutrients in it but though I could start low dose bloom nuts to get some extra p and k for flowering sites. I have one more water cycle before feed again and don't know if I should wait. What do you guys think. Not sure if this is normal n deficiency for flowering or what. Also I use RO water with botanicare calmag plus at 5 ml/Gal.
420-magazine-mobile1836663644.jpg
420-magazine-mobile437655558.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Forgot to mention I'm using led and temps are between 75-81 and humidity is constant in lower to mid 40s

Could be. We shall see in the coming days. I was wrong and the next watering was a feed (today) so I increased the nutrient strength to 1/2 recommend level. I thought it was nutrient burn myself but then started to notice the chlorosis on old and new growth. I'm thinking it's either a potassium or zinc deficiency. I checked pH soil today and it was OK. Thanks for the input. I'll know in a day or two if it was nutrient burn.

Good call. Yeah you should know in the next few days.

Autos usually use much less nutrients than a photoperiod plant.

Let me know how it turns out! :morenutes:

To determines weather it's nutes or pests let's look at some factors. Did this start at the top and move its way down or at the bottom and move its way up or has it been focused on one area when it first began. Yellowing Wilting leafs can mean many things from over watering to under watering, nutes over doses or deficiencies, ph and bad soil composition.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It seems to have started in the middle of the plant and worked its way up to the new growth

Now Ive noticed red veins on the underside of leaves and on some vertical stems

Ok pest attacks are random so i doubt it's that then and if you have been dosing nutrients at 1/4 strength(very smart btw) then simply give it the same nutes until you start flowering her just simply up the dosage a little bit and if you don't see any chance then try and up the dosage a little bit once more and if there is still no change we might have to asses your environmental factors but I'm pretty sure she's just lacking nutes right now

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Do you have a TDS meter?
Yes but wasn't sure if I would get an acurrate reading from a true soil run off. Surely some non nutrient content of soil would dissolve in water and skew the readings. Was that your idea to check the run off ppm

Back
Top Bottom