Nutrients and trimming question from a first timer

UFO Pilot

Hey everybody and thanks for reading my topic!

I found a seed in my bag about four months ago, thought it would be fun to try and I decided to put it in a 5litre/one gallon pot as I would be growing it on my windowsill (That is my only option, yes.. )

Four months later now, I have put quite some time, effort and love in it and I am starting to freak out because I basically have no idea what I am doing and I am getting an information overflow from all the google searching I did/am doing.

First of all, I am not sure what strain it is, could be Powerplant or NLX? I jumpstarted flowering stage about 3.5 weeks ago so it should be in week 4 of flowering at the moment. She gets eight hours of sunlight now and I just put her in my closet for darkness, back to window for sun. I am giving her 0.33ml/litre of PK 13-14 daily in about 0.5-0.75 litre of water a day when she wakes up and maybe a bit more in the afternoon if its a very sunny day. I plan on bumping it up to 1.5ml/litre in week 6 and flush after. Is that the way to go?

The other thing is about trimming, I did remove some leaves but should I be removing more to increase yield?

And overall, any pointers/how is she looking? :) Thank you very much

Looks healthy, nice job

I trim leaves covering other bud sites . Some trim lots on the bottom, I did this grow, and won't again, think my plant got unstable, but mine are really tall as well

Bit of trimming is healthy, just dont over do it in flower

You can't really see the height in the pictures I realise now, but she's about 2 feet tall.

Looks healthy, nice job

I trim leaves covering other bud sites . Some trim lots on the bottom, I did this grow, and won't again, think my plant got unstable, but mine are really tall as well

Bit of trimming is healthy, just dont over do it in flower

I mainly removed leaves from the two tops so that the lower branches got uncovered. I will keep a look on leaves that cover too much buds, thanks Chris!

Nice plant. I suggest you only water when needed by weight. I don't understand your flushing. Only once a month or so? I flush once a week, because nutrient needs change almost that often, especially in mid-late bloom. During the week it's just water.

And Bush, thanks for the suggestion, I'll try and figure that out. For the flushing, the website I was following suggested I flushed for the two last weeks after the PK-boost week. I have never flushed her at this point, there are drain holes in the pot if that matters... Thanks!

She can get hurt if you don't flush, from salt buildup. Here's sort of the schedule I use(but stronger), but I don't use all the additives, just the nutes.. Per GH recommendations, I flush once a week with full strength nutes, letting at least 20% of the pot volume go through.

General Hydroponics – Grow indoor. Grow outdoor. Grow with us.

I read your post last night and I woke up this morning to an alarming amount of yellow leaves with brown spots propagating from the veins on the bottom of the plant.. Flushed her immediately, hoping for the best now :nervous-guy: Is this from the salt buildup / nutrient lockout? Mayb a pH issue? I don't have anything to measure it though..

edit: This info might help; I looked at the flushed water and it was very yellow/brown and smelled metal-like

Back
Top Bottom