October 17 Celebrations?

onewarmguy

Hi all, is anybody aware of any celebrations going on for Oct. 17 in Toronto? Seems a shame not to have a party about it after waiting so damn long.

legalized.jpg

Fraid not MrSauga, at $25/head for professionals dressing to impress just aren't my style at ALL I'm thinking a nice free for all party at Queens Park or the Square. I'll bring my best.

Cmon folks do you mean to tell me that on October 17 a day when cannabis FINALLY becomes legal in Canada, Toronto smokers aren't going to have a public celebration? I'm ashamed of you all.
ashamed.jpg

I'm sure you are just having a good time with us and that's all good, however many people from the Toronto area use Cannabis for medical reasons and not recreational. I'm sure they're not ashamed of staying home as suggested but I am curious why you choose to keep coming here when you could be checking Goggles for your outdoor party.

I'd guess that most of the people posting here (with grows) are medical, and probably licensed. MrSauga is likely correct, most will probably celebrate quietly at home, personally, my days of MASS Smoking are just fond memories of concerts in the 70's :) While no activist, I have been waiting for this day for nearly 45 years, but I personally have been legal for a few years already.... but I am happy for the rest of ya!

Yes it will be very nice to be legal, like odam2K its been way too long of a wait ;). It would have been nice to celebrate with other like minded people on that day, in a public park, but it will be a big NO NO, totally illegal smoking in any public park, etc.
Friends and family will gather around the kitchen table and toast to the new liberation of pot, and no doubt smoke our brains out just for the heck of it.
:green_heart:

Kind of like every other 420 party that's ever happened?

Back
Top Bottom