OctoberKing in Louisiana

OctoberKing

Greetings from Louisiana,

Hey folks, real quick, I grew up in Escondido CA but right out of high school headed to Mississippi to work in the oil field, met my wife in Louisiana while working and never made in back to SoCal, well not to live anyway. Got a couple of kids and one grand daughter.

15 years ago my wife was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis so we have been dealing with that ever since. While on a business trip to Los Angels four years ago and was amazed at the medical marijuana dispensaries, California had indeed changed. After getting back from LA my wife and I decided to talk to her Neurologist about using cannabis as part of her treatment. He refused to even discuss it, said that he could loose his medical license if he did so. First off not sure if that's true or not, if it is, shame on this country, shame on Louisiana, second thing it occurred that most doctors are in the pocket of big pharmaceutical companies, they are the later day pushers and they are making a killing off of us all. OK I sound bitter I know, but I believe it's the truth. So screw um, we have been using cannabis to treat her symptoms and using another alternative medicine LDN ever since and she has not had one relapse since. Pretty frickin amazing! Ok thats it.

Peace,

OctKing

:welcome: to :420:

A great community with friendly people and tons of vauable information!
Im sorry to hear both of your wifes aligments, and of the doctor refusing to help. I hope someone here more knowledgable than I can help you get her the help she needs sir.

:welcome: to :420:

A great community with friendly people and tons of vauable information!
Im sorry to hear both of your wifes aligments, and of the doctor refusing to help. I hope someone here more knowledgable than I can help you get her the help she needs sir.

absolutely the truth Oct. i know several people that have helped me immensely. Spimp here being one of those. let me know if you need any help and if i do not know the answer can find it pretty quick.. hope all is well for you and your wife and welcome to :420:

Hi OctoberKing.

I'm a little late but none the less sincere in welcoming you the 420 Magazine site and community that gathers here. I'm really glad to hear that your wife has received so much benefit from use of Cannabis as a treatment.

I hope it's not too personal, but I'm curious what the symptoms are of a relapse. Or more specifically what of her symptoms does the cannabis help alleviate? Are you growing your own or buying from a trusted source(s)?

BTW- I'm a located in a neighboring state a little north of you. Think LSU Thanksgiving weekend football game every year for forever!

Hey thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all and learning much, so thanks.

TanR, thank God my wife hasn't had an exacerbation (relapse) in about four years. However she still does have the symptoms due to damage already done, and sometimes the symptoms can be severe enough to mimic a relapse. She uses cannabis to treat pain, spasticity, and numbness, also sometimes she has cognitive issues and confusion and cannabis helps with this too. I believe cannabis is a viable alternative to a lot of prescription meds without the side effects. I use cannabis recreationally and it helps with my insomnia. No I don't grow, but I am working on a remedy at this time, actually big reason in joining 420 is to learn as much as possible in setting up a space to grow, what strains to grow etc.

Again, thanks everyone.

Peace,

OctKing

Wow OctKing! So many symptoms that she finds relief or help with. All from a simple plant/weed that we could all "otherwise" grow in our flower beds or gardens. I'm so happy she finds the relief!

You've certainly come what I believe to be the best site dedicated to Cannabis available. Not only is there a ton of info, but the community of members is truly supportive!

Let us know if you have any questions. I know when I first began to seriously consider growing my own (I too landed here among other sites), for a while it seemed the more I learned the more questions I had.

Welcome to 420 OctKing. I live in Oregon and have a state issued medical marijuana card. I believe very soon every state will legalize marijuana for medical purposes. Most will legalize for recreational use. Unfortunately, the southern states will be the last ones to get on board. My primary Dr. would not risk his license either. Most hospitals are ran by religious philosophy or fearful of federal policy. In Oregon we have 50% or more marijuana card holders being seen by a dozen doctors. Tons of information here on 420 and the community gives support for future farmers. Wish you and the Mrs well. :welcome:

Welcome to 420 OctKing. I live in Oregon and have a state issued medical marijuana card. I believe very soon every state will legalize marijuana for medical purposes. Most will legalize for recreational use. Unfortunately, the southern states will be the last ones to get on board. My primary Dr. would not risk his license either. Most hospitals are ran by religious philosophy or fearful of federal policy. In Oregon we have 50% or more marijuana card holders being seen by a dozen doctors. Tons of information here on 420 and the community gives support for future farmers. Wish you and the Mrs well. :welcome:

I agree that most if not all states will one day legalize cannabis for medical and recreational use. There is no doubt that religious belief can and does have a bearing on states law. Louisiana in some ways is like Florida (the southern part) that its not typical of most southern states in that most people in south Louisiana are catholic (myself included) and are we would have a different world view, in other words south Louisiana is not at all puritan in practice or belief. You would think we would be leading the way in reforming marijuana laws. Mississippi of all places has decriminalized marijuana possession. Mississippi is a typical a southern state, most folks would be evangelical protestants, so all this confounds me, I'm happy Mississippi is moving in the right direction, hopefully Louisiana will soon follow. Just need to get those Apostolic Holiness Christians in north Louisiana on board!

Hey, :welcome: my friend and :Namaste:!!!

No I don't grow, but I am working on a remedy at this time, actually big reason in joining 420 is to learn as much as possible in setting up a space to grow, what strains to grow etc.

Yeah, dude, I am working on growing meds for myself and my wife as well.
That's how I ended up here.
You're in the right place here at :420:.

Check out the grow journals and you will find all kinds of help!

Again, welcome.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom